What was the most laughable JW teaching??

by chuckyy 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

Hi all. In your opinion, what was the silliest , most laughable Watchtower teaching/doctrine, since its beginning until now???

CHUKYY

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

God doesn't deal directly with individuals.

He deals with an organization, which is a group of individuals.

Except of course in the cases of Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Elijah, Elisha, Jesus, Peter, Paul, Mary, C. T. Russell, J. F. Rutherford, etc., etc.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Stupidest teaching has to be, Masturbation makes you Gay.

• gloobster
    gloobster

Hi. We're a legitimate religion.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Celebrating birthdays is wrong since John the Baptist was beheaded on Herod's birthday and Jesus never celebrated his birthday.

• justhuman
    justhuman

the whole thing actually.....but I vote for MASTURBATION....sh*t I can't believe that still I'm straight

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

You don't need to research or read any worldly publications. We will read everything and tell you whats important to know,in the Watchtower magazine. Now that is funny to me!

Outaservice

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

combination of reliability of Bible MS + absence of Jehovah in NT:

"Thus modern scholarship gives reason for complete confidence that the Bible has come down to us today essentially unaltered." Awake! 1972 June 22 p.8

"Why, then, is the name absent from the extant manuscripts of the Christian Greek Scriptures or so-called New Testament? Evidently because by the time those extant copies were made (from the third century C.E. onward) the original text of the writings of the apostles and disciples had been altered." Insight on the Scriptures Volume 2 p.10
      http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/Jehovah.htm
  • Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I think for me, apart from masturbation making you gay (LOL), I think the mystery doctrine, i.e. that Russell thought that he and the anointed were part of the biblically referenced ‘Christ’……. Jesus the head, they were the body…

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I gotta agree with this one:

Celebrating birthdays is wrong since John the Baptist was beheaded on Herod's birthday and Jesus never celebrated his birthday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit