How Do JWs Treat You NOW?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• iceguy
    iceguy

I am shunned by all jw's. It was tough when my divorce was final, because my ex wife now shuns me...she's the only one I miss or care about.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Just faded about 7 months. We visited some close "friends" a couple months ago, and they seemed visibly uncomfortable having us in their house. Haven't heard from anyone in months. Switch's best friend just said that she won't be talking to us any more (because she read one of my book reviews - oops). She gave us an ultamatum - either confirm that we believe the GB, or we won't be friends.

Sick, sad people.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Treated with indifference

OOOOOOOOOOOPsssssssssss
    No
    Sorry
    That's how I treat them

Actually
    Been out so long
    Most don't ever remember
    me as being in
    Just someone who's parents,
    brother and sister
    they know

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Treated like death or the plague. Most of them I didn't like, but there are a few that I do miss.

• minimus
    minimus

A good ? is how do we treat JWs now?.....We're in control now!

• free2think
    free2think

Im 'inactive' and they all still speak to me. I met one the other day in the supermarket, he son has a similar illness to me, so we were always quite friendly. Well she gave me a hug i think, and we chatted, then he son came up in his wheelchair, and during the course of the convo she said 'so we'd love you o come back' ths was said about three times, which is fine, what i'd expect. I didn't reply. Then she said 'we'd love to see you with all your lovely piercings.' hahahaIt's as if she thought i was ashamed of my pericings and that was what was stopping me from coming back. Yeah right.

Now another sister i met said to me and i quote 'so any love interest free2think?' to which i looked suitably surprisedthen she carried on and in all seriousness said 'well you can go out with ANYONE now'. And the way she said it was like your so lucky. She followed this up with don't tell your dad i said that.

Edit: Thought i'd add this same woman about 6-9 months ago asked me 'how's life now that you've left jehoba?' 'I said great'. And i think she can see i mean it.

• minimus
    minimus

The bottom line is: some JWs treat you the same as if you were disfellowshipped and others don't. It's like what "marking" used to be. It produced divisions and overly judgmental people.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Even though I haven't been DF'd or DA'd myself they treat me as if I am not even there. I would say 95% of them wouldn't speak to me if the situation presented itself. Although one or two have tried to add me as friends on Facebook. I declined. I don't have time for their sh!t, plus they are probably just trying to find some dirt on me...

MMO

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    and i quote 'so any love interest free2think?'

She called you "quote" free2think??!!

• free2think
    free2think
    and i quote 'so any love interest free2think?'
    She called you "quote" free2think??!!

Yes

Share this

Google+