BETTER/WORSE than a worldly person?"

by chuckyy 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

HI

After your own personal experiences within the JWs, do you conclude that the normal rank and file JW is worse than a person in the "world", better, or no different. What do you base your conclusions on???

CHUKYY

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Well, ya know what? It's not a matter of who's worse and who's not....It's all about the attitude towards WHAT you are, claim to be or aren't.If it's about being a jw and are they better or worse??? Let's just say that for the most part in their wrong doings it's all about their being HYPOCRITES about it all. They make the claim of being god's people and they will deny to the hilt that they do wrong. They slander, they steal, they commit adultery, they fornicate, they have alternative lifestyles, they commit murder, they rape, they sexually abuse children, they lie to the authorities, they protect pedophiles, so what else can you say that makes them any better than people that aren't jw's. In a nut shell. We all live in the same upside down world and they just seem to make the most noise when they are turned upside down.

NMG

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

I hate the terminology "worldly" full stop. And I can't see any point in comparing JDubs with those on the outside. If I were to start doing so, trying to determine who was 'better' or 'worse' then I would be as judgemental as the silly organisation (read as *cult*) I have just fled. People are just people. Live and let live.

Much Love

Rob

• megs
    megs

Yay Rob!!!! It feels very odd to be called "worldly"! LOL I'm just a plain ol' ordinary person... I found it very strange that us non-JW's have the whole "worldly" moniker...

• wings
    wings

Better or worse would be the limiting descriptive words here. Better in the sense that they are told they are better so they tend to think they are. Worse because they are limited in their thinking. Brainwashing will do that to a person. Been there and done that, so I won't judge. It is just sad I think. On so many levels.

wings

• Layla33
    Layla33
    I hate the terminology "worldly" full stop. And I can't see any point in comparing JDubs with those on the outside. If I were to start doing so, trying to determine who was 'better' or 'worse' then I would be as judgemental as the silly organisation (read as *cult*) I have just fled. People are just people. Live and let live.

I so agree with that statement. Do you know how may types of people there are in the world? I mean there are good and bad in everyone, people are people. Get out of the JW idea of us versus them and good versus bad and you will realize that it is individuals who determine their worth.

• lancelink
    lancelink

I hope that I'm sticking with this link, but my daughter just came back from Germany last weekend.
    She is in her early 20's and went out there to meet up with some friends she made during college.
    She was there for four weeks, and was with worldly people the entire time, (she was raised as a JW.
    their college belief/ban really helped push her out.)She was just awestruck with the friendliness of the people over there.
    Not once did she attend a meeting, call the hall, or go out in FS.

Yet she had a great memorable visit, how can that be without any JW's around ?

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

I like being termed Wordly by the J Ho's,"It Makes Me Feel Dangerous!"

XOXO

• chickpea
    chickpea

all i can say is that there has been
    a whole lot more acceptance and
    inclusion out there beyond the confines
    of the b0rg vessel for the issues that
    are ongoing with my family.....
    people are so much more loving
    when they get to think for themselves....

i just know that the dubs will puke
    in their bookbags to consider that i
    am going to go to the mat for my FTM son....

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

One thing i have to comment on - is i met a Christian girl this weekend who was raised in a non-Denominational Christian church. Over the course of the weekend we talked more about Christ's love and commitment to Christian values than i ever had w/ any JW. JW's like to talk the talk, but rarely does it carry over into a real love. What i experienced in conversation this weekend assured me that "worldly people" can have as much or often even more love for Christ in their hearts and true commitment than most jw's.

Morph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit