Is Pedophilia Really A Huge Problem With Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• mind my own
    mind my own

I'm not sure that there is more of a problem with pedophilia among the JW's than in other groups. The problem is their method of dealing with it!! That is truly disgusting!

MMO

• M.J.
    M.J.

You're welcome.

I think the policies are only a symptom of the main issue, which is the structure itself.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was an elder for three years in the mid 90s in a midsize congregation of about 100 pubs. I because aware of or delt with three pedo issues within that congregation. These were all recent events.

I think if you will go through the history of the org there are many many unreported events. The issue is culture of the ogranization wants to hide their faults. This is one area where hiding only makes the problem worse.

• minimus
    minimus

NY, you are correct. They hide their faults so as to bring no reproach on Jehovah's name. Yeah, right!

• amama2six
    amama2six

How EFFing laughable is the "two witness" rule? Yeah, a pedophile is going to have two people watching him molest a kid. :rolleyes: Oh, and if there needs to be two witnesses to have any action taken against a pedophile in the religion, shouldn't there be a two witness rule to someone committing "fornication" before they can be DFed? Nobody saw ME doing it but I still got DFed based on people SAYING I did...

P.S. I DID commit the sin, by the way, but either way I would still have gotten DFed for it. haha Oh, and I encountered two pedophiles while growing up with the JWs.

• chickpea
    chickpea

maybe not full blown pedophilia
    but inappropriate and criminal
    sexual contact with minors is!

i have 2 children whose life courses
    are inexorably altered because of
    our association with the cleanest/happiest
    people on earth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest