Jw are moving from Door to Door realizing it is ineffective

by thedepressedsoul 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

Tell them to "F" off and slam the door.......

Or tell them to "F" off and slam down the phone.

Hmmmmm, I don't know? Seems like might be more effective.

• the comet
    the comet
    Jay Elle- text messaging is service! People here send a text to a RV all the time to start their time.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hey now!! Don't diss text-witnessing! That's how I learned TTATT!

DD

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Yeah! Taking my duties as a trolley-dolly watcher seriously ( a bit like being a bird watcher-grin) I noted the giveaway sign of a trolley in the street yesterday, and sure enough there were three Jw's very busy at their Yahweh assigned task of witnessing for him (or, is it 'to him').

Jeez, these guys have it easy. One was busily occupied (with the 21st century replacement for fiddling with a cigarette), fiddling with his phone. the other two a girl and guy involved in the eternal practise of flirting.

I'm not sure which would be more boring, knocking on not-at-home doors or being a trolley-dolly, trolley watcher?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "As the so-called "End Times" religious groups age, they do tone down the confident, date-fixated warnings..."

Yes, and in doing so, end up evolving into - for all intents and purposes - non-Apocalyptic religions.

I don't know about the WTS, though; apocalyptic millennialism is so ingrained in their ideology that I don't think they can divest themselves of it; it's simply too fundamental an aspect of the Org's collective identity. I would, in fact, argue that the WTS' whole raison d'etre is to be the only "real" End-Times religion (at least, as far as they're concerned).

Which doesn't bode well for them, because typically, apocalyptic churches have to - as you said - "date-fixate" to maintain the internal momentum of the membership. In the WTS's case, however, the option is long past its shelf-life; they can no longer do it and maintain any real credibility (they hold the record for failed End-Time-related predictions, after all).

All they can do these days is "date-insinuate"... which, of course, they do.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Of course, these grand plans are predicated on Armageddon NOT coming "any day now."

How many can connect the dots? What becomes of the JW justification for door-to-door? Jesus didn't cold-call, Jesus didn't explored mass mailing opportunities. Where's the God-Damned URGENCY?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDp7pkEcJVQ

• Lieu
    Lieu
    What!?? No leaflets, er brochures dropped by drones?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit