Oh Boy!!

by Quester55 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quester55
    Quester55

My sister met me at the laundry mat today to tell me how she doesn't think its wise for me to ":go out with worldly friends" I should go out with the "sisters" n the congregaion. The 'love you and have your best interests at heart' Well, everytime I've tried to call somebody to see if they wanted to go somewhere, it was always an interference with meetings, or field service, or personal study.

How can I tell her these witness sisters are hurting me everytime they open their mouths. Emotionally I am hurt because I've just come through a divorce, which was final last Friday. Legally I am free, and I admit I've been going on a date or two with nice men. I am not ready dor an emotional attachment, I further believe that men and women CAN be just friends, contrary to JW World, where everything is sexual, or "wicked, evil, bad" except overeating and drinking and gossiping and figuring out new ways to hurt family members!!! Last Friday night, my coworkers took me to a male stripper bar. I had a blast! It was a riot! I even gave a stripper two dollars and told him I thought he was gorgeous. If the "oh so saved and santified sisters" knew this, they'd have my butt in a JC meeting so fast my head would spin. I just cant wait to finish up my degree! I might just leave the state of California!!

Everytime I go to a meeting, I walk in the door happy, and come home in tears, I'm so blasted depressed. Isn't the word of God supposed to make one joyful and happy. Not sad, depressed and lonely?

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

why are you associating with witnesses then?

• Quester55
    Quester55

Because, unfortunately my living situation forces me to live in close proximity to these particular sisters. I explain in detail in another forum. For right now, and for those previously stated reasons I have to "Play the game" until I can walk away. I never said it doesn't get me down.

Saddest thing of all, I looked into my sisters eyes ( my natural sister) and I can see that she is totally and completely brainwashed. If she knew the half of it, she'd have a fit and make a beeline to the elders.

Q

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

Its because you live near them?

I dont understand totally, perhaps you can link me to where you discussed this situation.

either way, im really sorry you have to go through this. But it seems like your morals and those of the witnesses just dont jive.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If I remember correctly, you rent from a jw due to limited economics. The Word of God isn't depressing; it's the word of the GB that's getting you down!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    your morals and those of the witnesses just dont jive

Exactly! You know that supporting your friends is a christian priority. The JWs don't understand christian morals.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

You are depressed because the borg is on a one way street

• watson
    watson

There is reason to be concerned....it is highly likely that other sisters were at the all male revue!! You may have been spotted!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Quester, your morals jive. You don't judge but hate getting judged as anyone else would. I remember your other thread and my advice then, and still is, try to play the game until u receive the education u have been working so hard for. As far as telling your sister, that's a touchie one. You can PM me later. I'll try my best and offer some advice.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    I even gave a stripper two dollars and told him I thought he was gorgeous.

Hey, I remember you !!! Thanks for the $2 !! You didn't look too bad yourself !!!

Sorry you're bummin' Quester...

Everytime I go to a meeting, I walk in the door happy, and come home in tears, I'm so blasted depressed.

Next meeting, ignore the boring dudes on the platform and remember the good times at the strip club... I will !

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit