SCANNED ARTICLE ON BLOOD FRACTIONS 'WORKBOOK'

by Mary 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Note how on each and every "fraction" you can either accept or decline. So, you can, as a Jehovahs Witness, in good conscience accept all of these "fractions". What the Witchtower is not telling you, is that that list is a list of all the components of blood! So basically, if you accept all of those fractions (but please, doctor, just one fraction at a time, I`m a Jehovahs Witness) - you are, in fact, getting a full blood transfusion (whole blood). It`s just been divided into fractions first. It`s a total scam. And, if push comes to shove and they actually lose a lawsuit over the blood-issue, they can just say: "Hey, blood was allowed all the time, as long as it was divided up into fractions, so no need to get so upset. Had they just read that article thoroughly, they would have known".

They are criminals.

• Mary
    Mary
    the presumption is that these fractions may not actually "be" blood. But nutrients and proteins "carried" by the blood

And of course, their "presumptions" fall flat on the ground once you analyze them. Below is part of the summary I've written on "Blood Transfusions" for the package I'm doing. If a person of average intelligence like me, with no advisors, legal department or medical team to advise me, can connect the dots, does anyone really think that the Governing Body members can't?

"There is no nutritional benefit from a blood transfusion. You can give a starving man blood transfusions until the cows come home----it will not save his life. Or, you could feed someone who is hemorrhaging internally, blood through the mouth----it will not save them. No doctor would ever prescribe blood transfusions to treat malnutrition. When you eat something, it is taken into the stomach where it is digested and broken down into nutrients, which are then passed through the intestines into the blood vessels, where the blood carries them to the body for nourishment. This is accomplished by the digestive system.

During a transfusion however, the blood that is transfused travels through the blood stream, then goes to the intestines where it picks up the digested food passed through the intestines and carrying that food throughout the rest of the body. This is the circulatory system. The transfused blood is not food itself but the carrier of food. The food is broken down into its component parts whereas the blood remains whole. This is the medical definition proving that eating blood (such as blood pudding or blood sausage) through the mouth is a completely different procedure than a blood transfusion. A clear difference, that even those who are not familiar with medical terminology can understand.

What is incredible, is that the Society admits that blood fractions, which you are now allowed to accept, comes from donated blood:

".... many fractions are derived

from blood that has been donated for medical purposes . Each Christian should make a conscientious decision as to whether he or she will accept or will reject the medical use of these substances..Kingdom Ministry, November 2006 p. 3

While it does not use the words "stored blood", that is exactly where the fractions come from. Yet in the same article, it re-emphasizes the doctrine that Witnesses "...do not donate or store their own blood for transfusion..." It is difficult to believe that those who wrote this article cannot see the blatant hypocrisy and sheer insanity of telling members they can accept blood fractions from another donor (including Bovine, which is derived from cow’s blood), but that they cannot store their own blood.

Another point to consider is that the Watch Tower Society has at times acknowledged, a blood transfusion is not intravenous feeding; it is actually a transplantation (of a fluid tissue), not an infusion of a nutrient:

"...Dr. Ciril Godec, chairman of urology at Long Island College Hospital, in Brooklyn, New York. He wrote: "Today blood would probably not be approved as a medication, since it would not fulfill safety criteria of the Food and Drug Administration.

Blood is an organ of the body, and blood transfusion is nothing less than an organ transplant .-----Awake! August 22, 1999 p. 31 Are Blood Transfusions Really Necessary?

"When doctors transplant

a heart, a liver, or another organ, the recipient's immune system may sense the foreign tissue and reject it. Yet, a transfusion is a tissue transplant. Even blood that has been 'properly' cross matched can suppress the immune system."------How Can Blood Save Your Life?, 1999, p. 8

In a kidney or heart transplant, the transplanted organ is not eaten as food by the new body. It remains the same organ with the same form and function. The same is true of blood. It is not eaten and digested as food during a transfusion, but rather it remains the same fluid tissue, with the same form and function. The body simply cannot utilize transplanted blood as food. In order to be considered "food", the blood would first have to pass through the digestive system, (via the mouth) and broken down so that the body cells could absorb it. Therefore it would have to be literally eaten to be considered "food". When doctors want to administer a blood transfusion, it is not because the patient is in need of nourishment but rather oxygen, which is required to keep the person alive.

In the September 15, 1958 Watchtower on page 575, it says: "Each time the prohibition of blood is mentioned in the Scriptures it is in connection with taking it as food, and so it is as a nutrient that we are concerned with in its being forbidden."

Blood transfusions do not result from the deaths of blood donors . yet they fail to acknowledge this. Instead, they go to great lengths describing how someone's blood is supposed to be "poured out on the ground" the moment it leaves their body, despite the fact that they're not dead. Ironically, the Watchtower uses this same argument for why it is now acceptable for a Christian to accept an organ transplants:

"...Regarding the transplantation of human tissue or bone from one human to another, this is a matter for conscientious decision by each one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Some Christians might feel that taking into their bodies any tissue or body part from another human is cannibalistic. . . . Other sincere Christians today may feel that the Bible does not definitely rule out medical transplants of human organs. . . .

It may be argued, too, that organ transplants are different from cannibalism since the "donor" is not killed to supply food..." The Watchtower, March 15, 1980, p. 31.

I think I'll send a copy of this to Crooklyn once it's all done, just in case they're not aware of their own words.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Thus, Jehovah's Witnesses do not accept transfusions of whole blood or the four primary components of blood...They also do not donate or store their own blood for transfusion."

This part of the article is worded as if the writer is not a JW. I wonder why they phrase these sentences this way? Would writing "We as Jehovah's Witnesses do not accept whole blood...we also do not donate..." make it more obvious to rank-and-file JW's that the article was written by somebody not very different from themselves? Does the fake third-party perspective serve to mask the human source of the article, making it seem somehow supernatural?

Mary: While it does not use the words "stored blood", that is exactly where the fractions come from. Yet in the same article, it re-emphasizes the doctrine that Witnesses "...do not donate or store their own blood for transfusion..." It is difficult to believe that those who wrote this article cannot see the blatant hypocrisy and sheer insanity of telling members they can accept blood fractions from another donor (including Bovine, which is derived from cow’s blood), but that they cannot store their own blood.

I wonder if the JW's who check "accept" all the way down the line are donating blood themselves so that they can contribute to the supply of the various fractions? Of course you know the answer. How do their heads not explode from the cognitive dissonance?

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

still_in74 said:

Therefore the jewish law on abstaining from blood was the context in which they were speaking. DONT EAT BLOOD FROM A SLAUGHTERED ANIMAL. GIVE THE DEAD ANIMALS BLOOD BACK TO JEHOVAH ....

This was means to remind the Jews that they had taken a life that jehovah had created. It was to remind them of the sanctity of life and the giver of it.

Blood transfusions have nothing to do with the taking of life ....

Exactly! I had reached the same conclusions myself before reading what you had to say, actually quite some time ago. Isn't that interesting?!

• Mary
    Mary
    Marvin Shimler said: It has not occurred to the average JW that the simple act of cooking blood reduces all its "major components" to fractions that, according to Watchtower doctrine, they are allowed to eat

Excellent point. I bought some dehydrated shitake mushrooms the other day and wanted to use them in a recipe, so all I did was re-hydrate them with water and I had "full" mushrooms. Since plasma is 93% water but forbidden, all you have to do is take the fractions that you're allowed, add water and serve.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit