Awakening

by feenx 13 Replies latest jw friends

• feenx
    feenx

In a recent welcome thread someone mentioned they have seen a tremendous amount of people awakening recently. I have seen this too, and not just related to JWD but in general. It seems there is quite a shift in people taking place. I have my personal opinions/explanations on the matter, but I am curious, especially from those in more....traditional circles, what you think about it? Have you noticed the same thing in any way?

feenx
    Indigo Insight

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Awakened here!

JW for 24 years, 16 in full-time service... recently Awakened... although the roots of my Awakening are from Gilead school...

• feenx
    feenx

from Gilead? I've hard snippets of that lately to. What was it about gilead? My grandparents were in the 2nd gilead class, and even well into life they always RAVED about it. Gilead this, and Gilead that.

CONGRATS on the awakening. It's an amazing feeling. It's like a drug for me.
    feenx
    Indigo Insight

• yknot
    yknot

Well what I am seeing is more "Cultural Witnesses" (Thanks Drew Sagan for the term http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/161827/1.ashx)

Trapped by family or not knowing what else to do.....benefits of not losing their network, support system, or being labeled demon possessed.

Also known as 'seat warmers'.....who do not donate to the world wide work (pedophile payoff fund).

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

IMHO, this is due mostly to the Internet and some from the news coverage of the UN and pedophile scandals.

• oompa
    oompa

I think that many became suspicious in 1995....and now the generation thing has turned into a ping-pong match. It has distanced 1914 dramatically as a start date for any last days, and because all these changes occured in short time, 12 years........the jig is up for many who can jnot ust ignore things any further.......and yes I know of many local ones who just go through the motions and know it is crap....and many who have left the past two years.................luv it...........oompa

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Interesting article in your link, Feenx!

Recently, I too have heard much talk of a "global awakening". I am taking it slow as to whether I hop on the cart... it sounds a bit too "Age of Aquarius" to me... but then again... I really respect some of the people who are mentioning it.

Il est possible.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

2012?

Will be followed by 2013.

As for 'global awakening', it's more a 'western world awakening'. This kind of awakening comes in waves, which are usually stifled by strict orthodox religion when it "gets out of hand". The Arab world was once a hub in scientific and philosophical thought. Look how that went. Regular human rights for people of various sex and color seem to come as a result of the weakening of religious influence in society, and not the other way around. But then - when science and free thought gets to be "too free" - the fundamentalists get angry, and wage a 'war'. And we start a decline again. Perhaps.

Guess I shouldn't blame religion exclusively here, but. Heck, why not.

Perhaps it is a stabilizing 'force', keeping society from going completely bananas (but instead swinging the pendulum waaay too much in the other direction). Can't believe I just said that. But perhaps this 'meme' has some survival value after all.

I do hope we as a species will actually 'grow up' soon though, so we can do it on our own without "training wheels".

• changeling
    changeling

I hope we are all awakening or evolving so that we realize the error of our ways (war caused by religion and nationalism, pollution...) and mend them befrore it's too late.

If I sound like a bleeding heart liberal, it's because I am.

changeling :)

• feenx
    feenx

Thanks Babayaga! which article did you read?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit