Help me give a reply to those who are taunting me.

by moomanchu 25 Replies latest jw friends

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Any good comebacks to this e-mail would be appreciated and used.

Powerful thought-provoking point!!!?

Christendom thinks that Jehovah won't mind if they remove His name out of the Bible more than 7000 times. So then they shouldn't mind if He removes their name from the Book of Life.

If you are going to use it in the ministry, careful how you word it. It is a powerful statement.

Psalms 121:7 "Jehovah himself will guard you against all calamity. He will guard your soul. "

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

How could some one be 100% sure that god's name was removed from the NT if we do not have the original? All that are left are copies that date back to the 2-3 century. If "Christendom" removed god's name then how can we be sure that they did not remove anything else? Once again no originals only copies.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Just go with the Pee Wee Herman defense

"I know you are, but what am I?"

works every time.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Just tell them Jehovah isn't God's name! Tell them to make sure they get your name right!

• Terry
    Terry

Things should be a lot worse for people USING Jehovah's name if they attach it to false prophecy.

You are on much safer ground NOT using the name and being wrong than using it and bringing humiliation and shame on it.

• megs
    megs

When I was going to Bible Study, it was explained to me that God (Jehovah) wants us to call him by his first name, as a sign of respect, I found this odd because growing up, I was taught to call him "father", as I called my own father. I would have never called my own earthly father by his first name, I was taught that this was a sign of disrespect. I think I'm digressing...

Anyway, whether or not to write the name of God really has its origins in Judaism. Judaism doesn't prohibit writing the name of god, but based on Deuteronomy 12:3, they use it very carefully out of fear of erasing or defacing the name of God because it is equivalent of destroying a holy thing (the name of God).

The issue you may be referring to is how in the NWT the words "Kyrios" (Lord) and "Theos" (God) were replaced with the name "Jehovah" in the New Testament. Now this is different from the the Septuagint (or old testament) where the Tetragrammaton (YHWH) was replaced with Jehovah.

So like Terry said, better not to use it at all rather than muck it about, you can refer them to the Deut 12:3 scripture to back it up.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

~from Richard Dawkin's 'The God Delusion'

• jgnat
    jgnat

Since when was the book of life written in pencil? And who has the eraser? Isn't it sealed against anyone taking a peek? Are YOU worthy to break the seal? Then keep your mouth shut. You have no idea who will "make it" and who won't.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07
    Christendom thinks that Jehovah won't mind if they remove His name out of the Bible more than 7000 times. So then they shouldn't mind if He removes their name from the Book of Life.

1) Removing JHWH from the Bible (or rather, replacing it with a title) does not equal taking God's life, which is what happens to them (allegedly) when God removes their names from his book of life.

2) Jehovah 'didn't mind'. If he had, his name would still be there from the get go. What, he couldn't control it? Annoys me how weak people's God always is. Just sits there, apathetic. What's the point in being God if you can't be God?

Sorry about the formatting, but even the little 'eraser' icon didn't work this time.

• jgnat
    jgnat

And obviously, Jehovah's Witnesses don't have any trouble making up books of the bible. Case in point, the dramas on the life of Timothy and Scolios. Show me where THAT is in the bible.

Rev 22:18

Here is my warning for everyone who hears the prophecies in this book: If you add anything to them, God will make you suffer all the terrible troubles written in this book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit