Where was Noah's flood ?

by a Christian 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Two possible answers imo to the topic question:

- "Noah's flood" happened on a flat earth circled by mountains, with an ocean beneath and another above the heavens containing the sun, the moon and the stars.

- "Noah's flood" happened in the book of Genesis (although directly inspired by the Atrahasis and Gilgamesh Epics).

Long live concordism...

• Galileo
    Galileo
    Hamlet rode a dinosaur.

I'm intrigued by this theory. You have persuaded me. This could very well be what Shakespeare was describing with "symbolic language" when he talked about "sound and fury". I think we need to have a serious debate about exactly where and how Hamlet rode this dinosaur. Anyone that tries to point out that this theory is "ludicrous", "imposssible", "easily disprovable", or "bat-shit crazy" should be called intolerant and dismissed for their lack of faith.

• Galileo
    Galileo

Possible footsteps left by Hamlets dinosaur:

Sonora, Mexico

El Elegante crater in northwestern Sonora, Mexico

Aorounga - Chad

Michoacan, Mexico

Edward James Olmos

• snowbird
    snowbird

Snowbird,

Aren't all seas 'remnants of the vast body of water that surrounded the supercontinent'?

Mike

Yes, sir.

It's my understanding that the Black Sea, the Mediterranean Sea, and the Caspian Sea are direct ancient remnants of the Tethys Ocean - the vast body of water that surrounded the supercontinent, Pangaea.

The words highlighted are how my statement should have been written.

Sylvia

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If I'm going to put on my bible beliving hat, I will say the whole earth was flooded. There are lots of people on the net who believe that and will explain why.

But you can believe anything you want and find documentation for doing so.

Today, there is a lot of emphasis on a pole shift coming around 2012 when the Mayan callender runs out.

If that happens we will probably have another world wide flood. And some people say these pole shifts have been happening through out time.

People that believe in reincarnation have been hypnotised and claim to have lived in Atlantis.

Check out Edgar Caycee, he didnt start out believing this or even believing in reincarnation but he had a pschyic ability that he shared with others and the people that he dealt with were voluntering this information.

The legend of Atlantis may have been mans great civilization before the last pole shift aka the flood of the bible.

Anyways I'm here till about 2032 and I doubt I will figure it all out before then.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Fascinating stuff, Jaguar.

Sylvia

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Waves at Sylvia, smiles, winks and walks deliberately away.

;)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Waves at Sylvia , smiles, winks and walks deliberately away.

Trips over BTS's "accidentally" extended leg.

Sorry mate, you awright?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Waves at Sylvia, smiles, winks and walks deliberately away.

;)

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Waves at Sylvia , smiles, winks and walks deliberately away.

Trips over BTS's "accidentally" extended leg.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit