Wake Up -- Possible Local Mini-Scandal

by West70 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

At Gilliams' three-bedroom house near Cal State San Bernardino, where she cares for 11 children, volunteers in yellow T-shirts abounded. A dozen teenagers and young men from a local Jehovah's Witness temple were clearing out a patch in the side yard for a concrete bicycle path.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Volunteers came out with youth, community and church groups or on their own.

Janice Herbert, co-pastor of Praise Tabernacle - a nondenominational church in San Bernardino - helped with members of her youth choir.

"We're here to make a difference," she said.

Looks like they have started participating in the "inter-faith" programs.

The synagogue had Hindu dancers awhile back.

Pretty soon the only differences between Jehovah's Witnesses and Lutherans will be that the Lutherans have family dinner on Wednesday night. You watch. They are all starting to go beyond "tolerance" to acceptance. Ephiram mixes with the nations. All religions will soon melt into "spiritual groups" and teach about the "god within".

• Country Girl
    Country Girl
    Therefore, if Jehovah’s Witnesses did not care about the conduct of the Watchtower leadership in regards to an international scandal, what makes anyone think that they would care about the possible indiscretions of a few fly-swatting JWs in North Dakota?

He has a point.

CG

• mustang
    mustang

This is typical of SDB contracting: Small Disadvantaged Businesses. I've been in this type of bidding: you get preference for 1) certain dollar levels of company revenue below a threshold, 2) women owned & 3) minority owned business.

North Dakota has a lot of Indian reservations.

Oh, one other possibility: 4) a 501 (c3) corporation. That is a non-profit outfit, usually religious.

The ideal business is a 5 or 6 figure company, in a female Indian's name. I've seen these corps bid when the billion$ guys CAN'T.

This is some "meals-on-wheels" project. It could be run by some brothers out of the back room of a KH next to a reservation.

Sounds like a rogue congregation to me. Brooklyn can't keep an eye on all of them; contribute like hell to the CO/DO and it stays "out of sight, out of mind".

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit