i cant stand it anymore!

by bite me 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bite me
    bite me

the vocabulary! the word "truth" literally makes me sick! let me give you a quick behind the scene. first to recap and to inform newer readers to this board, I am not nor I have never nor will ever be a witness. I was raised around it not in it. I have family members and many friends trapped in this religion. they swear up and down that they are the only true religion. Many of them have never had a single day of college. mostif not all will probably never will. now to my point. im sick of hearing of people who have left the religion and then others saying that since they have left the "truth" they have no hope to live on paradise earth for ever. one friend who was a former witness stopped going to meetings. they stopped going to meetings and people said that he's only drinking because he left the truth. THE TRUTH THE TRUTH BLA BLAH BLAH F the truth! he still reads the bible, but not the bible of the jw witnesses. he reads a varity. he said to get a wider picture of what he's missed of all the years in a bubble of controled by the wts. I don't know of anyword that irritates me more its the one mentioned above. I am still constantly praying for more of my family and friends to burst their bubble and escape the lies of the 'truth'. okay im done venting now.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I can't stand the JW language either. Everytime my wife or inlaws speak the sh!t it makes me wanna barf.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It feels good to vent

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

My sister and mother mention "the truth" often. I have to bite my tongue so hard it bleeds.

• tak
    tak

It's all set up for "mind control" by "the cult".

The Truth (only they have it)

Worldly (condiscending)

Sisters & Brothers (warm family)

Elders (men in authority)

Just lingo for mind control

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I can't stand it either! I always roll my eyes when my family says it...

What is funny, is there are other religions that refer to themselves as the "truth" and they use it just like the JW's.

• bite me
    bite me

I roll my eye too. but I look away so they cannot see me. I shake my head in discust too. and all those other words mentiond too are also horrible. it feels like I am hearing a dirty word. I want so bad for this religion to go away. not because one or another is correct but because of the crap they put the people through and the people think it is okay. im still working on an essay or just info that I have gathered. I will post on my web site when ready. does anyone know what calls for grounds for wts to step in to have someone remove sections off their site? I will quote and site everything and I know law so I should be okay.

• Synergy
    Synergy

When I finally realized this cult for what it is I would call it "the lie." My mom and friend who have left still call it "the truth" even though they don't believe in it and worship in other ways. I always correct them when it slips out and remind them to call it "the lie." Vent all you wish. I HATE that word in that context too!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Well, the truth of the matter is that "The Truth" does not have "the truth", yet the glaring truth is that "The Truth" does not equate "the truth". Therefore, the truth of the matter and the issue at hand "Truth" relative and subjective truth does not allow one to fully ascertain what truth is.

And that, my friend, is "the truth".

Truthfully.

Truly.

Truth.

Now what I just said above sounds like typical dub doctrine, only more believable.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

What's funny to me is looking back on how I felt and reacted when I heard other people (non-jw's) talk about their beliefs being 'the truth' or some other such loaded language. I cringed and wondered if they realized how odd they sounded.

Yet, while I was 'in' and even while I was a walk-away believer/apologist it didn't strike me as unusual in any manner.

Now, I just want to roll my eyes and gag myself.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit