I think I made "The List"

by RR 47 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

So Jehovah's Witnesses came to our door, this is about the fifth time, I always miss them, but they talk to my wife, this time I was home due to the holiday season, the man was an elder, he came with a newbie, thought he would show her "how's its done"), the young women sat there with mouth wide open, as she watched me beat up her elder with his own Bible. Well after discussing the Scriptures for about 2 hours, (subjects included: salvation, ransom, permission of evil, god's organization), She looked at me and said "amazing, I've never heard it explained quite that way before."

The elder asked me what religious affiliations I had, I told him, "I am with the Associated Bible Students." He got up looked at me and said in a stern voice, "You are the antichrist!" and they left. I watched them walk to their car, and the girl turned back and I yelled, "You know where we live, visit anytime."

What are the chances that my address is now listed on the back of the territory card's do not call list?

RR

• Priest73
    Priest73

You just went up a notch in my book.

• Mary
    Mary
    The elder asked me what religious affiliations I had, I told him, "I am with the Associated Bible Students." He got up looked at me and said in a stern voice, "You are the antichrist!" and they left.

WTF?? You're the antichrist eh?? Um....my understanding is that the Associated Bible Students follows the teachings of someone called Charles Taze Russell-----the same guy that the Witnesses claim re-invented true Christianity. How exactly could you be the "anti-christ"??

It just boggles the mind how insane some of the Witnesses get when faced with something they can't defend.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the WTS teaches that any other religion claiming to be Christian is the Antichrist.

*** w81 5/1 p. 14 par. 9 Which Organization—Jehovah’s or Satan’s? ***From those words it is evident that the antichrist, the apostate man of lawlessness, "the mystery of this lawlessness," is Satan’s masterpiece in the form of an organization. It is an imitation of organized Christianity and so an opposer of it. As a replacement of true organized Christianity, it finds its expression in present-day Christendom, this name meaning the realm of Christianity. That is certainly a deceptive name, for Christendom is really the most powerful part of Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion, under the emperorship of Satan the Devil.

*** w55 6/15 p. 359 Identifying the Antichrist ***Further, all professed Christians who have apostatized, who exalt themselves, who manifest the spirit of rebellion or who show hatred to their Christian brothers are properly termed antichrists

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Cool. Brother, you are an inspiration!

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Great quote Blondie, I cant help but objectively associate the term "antichrist" JW's.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

You may just make the list....tee hee hee

I watched them walk to their car, and the girl turned back and I yelled, "You know where we live, visit anytime."

I'm laughing so hard...you really rock!

Any bets she comes back? lol

hope4others

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

RR..After all these years I find out your the anti-Christ!..LOL!!.....You made a fool of that idiot and all he could do was name call..Not even the right name at that!..LOL!!.......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• RR
    RR

Yes, I'm honored. I've been called a lot of things, but never antichrist. Perhaps like the post office, they'll have my picture on the Kingdom Hall board under the caption "Antichrist, beware!".

RR

• moshe
    moshe

JW's usually don't allow themselves to be beat up like that with a 'nonproductive' discussion. Looks like that elder was trying to save face and just dug himself into a deeper hole. Good job!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit