The CO asked for more contributions

by outofthebox 56 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

It looks like the WT is running out of money fast. Few weeks ago we had the CO visit and he told us in the MS and Elders meeting that he had never seen a letter from the GB like this one, but then he went ahead and read it. The letter basically said: "The contributions are down and there is more people in the congregation. So, what's going on!!!?. You are the leaders so give the example and let the brothers see you putting something in the contribution box".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

That can`t be right!..Jehovah`s Witness`s pride themselves on not forcing contributions!..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Our congregation growth this year: -1.5% http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/161524/1.ashx

Outofthebox:

In another thread, you said your congregation had negative growth. Yet, this letter alludes to growth (more people). Which one is it? Are your congregation's numbers up or down?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Was this some sort of general letter? If it was from the GB, why would it go to a single congregation that was down in tribute money?

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Good question Justitia Themis :) Our congregation numbers are down a little bit. But, the CO said today there are more people in the congregations (I think he meant there is some growing in several other congregations just to make us feel guilty or something) and also he mentioned the costs of things are up, but the contributions remain the same or are even less.

• Sway
    Sway

I want my money back, but I doubt they're going to give it to me.

• changeling
    changeling

So, did he bring up the "no elder's kids in college" bit?

Remind me again, why are you a newly appointed elder?

changeling :)

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Perhaps since the price of gas is so high, and the BS isn't being cancelled until the new year, that when the new year comes and people aren't spending that extra money to get to the BS maybe then you'll start getting more money again. If they wanted more money they should have cancelled the BS immediately.

Kwin

• garybuss
    garybuss

Jehovah's Witnesses is not a religion, they are inactive in governmental affairs, meetings are free, no collections are taken, and no solicitations for funds are made.

• yknot
    yknot

Congregation numbers up but donations down.......

.......seat warmers Emoticon - Wink

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit