When you post do you hunt and peck with 2 fingers or whole hand...

by zeroday 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I learned to type back about 1965. Jehovah allowed that.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I too had a typing class in high school; an easy credit and skill that's served me well :)

• dinah
    dinah

Back in the day I could type about 70 wpm. Typing all those grants and manuscripts at work made me fast. Since I learned on a typewriter too, all I can say is the backspace thingy on a computer killed my speed!

My husband types with two fingers. Watching him tortures my soul.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Try as I might I sucked at typing in high school. I knew I would never be a typist or secretary (a career wish of my mother for me ) so I expanded on my talent for sewing, went to design school and developed skills in patternmaking. But lo and behold, because of the high amount of data entries required in garment production my typing skills inproved. I'm not fast, and I do have to hunt and peck sometime for number and symbols but for the most part I use all ten fingers to type.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I've always typed with both hands, though before highschool, I kind of developed a home-made system that worked for me. Eventually, I took a typing class and kicked serious ass....especially for a dude. I remember my sophomore year, I talked my way onto the newspaper staff. When we were prepping our first issue, my teacher finally noticed how I was typing. He couldn't believe that I'd talked my way into his class when I hadn't had any formal typing instruction. But, hey, I was always ahead of deadline and my stuff looked as good as anybody's. It's one of the skills I use most.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I was "old" when I learned, about 10 :-p these days my five year old cousins are already learning to type in school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit