Europe must stand up to Islam NOW

by B_Deserter 89 Replies latest jw experiences

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Just read this today:

http://news.aol.co.uk/prayer-refusal-pupils-disciplined/article/20080704162734190726835

An education authority is investigating claims that two school pupils were punished for refusing to kneel down and pray to Allah during a religious education lesson.

Parents complained after the boys, Year 7 pupils at Alsager High School in Cheshire, were given detention for being "disrespectful" to the prophet, the Congleton Chronicle reported.

Parent Sharon Luinen told the paper: "This isn't right, it's taking things too far.

"I understand that they have to learn about other religions, I can live with that, but it is taking it a step too far to be punished because they wouldn't join in Muslim prayer. Making them pray to Allah, who isn't who they worship, is wrong and what got me is that they were told they were being disrespectful."

The school is believed to have received complaints from five sets of parents since the alleged incident on Tuesday.

Another parent, Karen Williams, said: "I am absolutely furious my daughter was made to take part in it and I don't find it acceptable. I haven't got a problem with them teaching my child other religions and a small amount of information doesn't do any harm.

"But not only did they have to pray, the teacher had gone into the class and made them watch a short film and then said 'We are now going out to pray to Allah'. And then two boys got detention and all the other children missed their refreshments break because of the teacher."

She added: "My child has been forced to pray to Allah in a school lesson."

The incident is believed to have taken place during a practical demonstration of how Allah is worshipped.

Cheshire County Council confirmed that parents had complained about the lesson, and said the circumstances of the incident were to be "thoroughly" looked into.

This is right on the heels of a decision made by the highest British court that Sharia law is legal for resolving disputes between muslims in britain. My commentary is here. It befuddles me how Islam can gain such a strong foothold in Europe, starts making demands, and is supplanting civilized law with bronze-age barbarism, and the governments are just caving in without a fight. Pretty soon it will be illegal for women to be educated with men, or even speak with men they are not married to for fear it will offend Muslims. Islam is the single greatest threat to world peace and prosperity, and it's about time somebody acknowledged the elephant in the room.

• yknot
    yknot

I really hope that Muslim within the 'free' world understand that their right to practice Islam is only valid if other are allowed not to practice Islam. That all religions have constraints in "westernized' lands.

The teacher should be dismissed from the school.

• llbh
    llbh
    This is right on the heels of a decision made
    by the highest British court that Sharia law is legal for resolving disputes between muslims in britain

And which High Court decision would this be?

The Archbishop of Canterbury has made certain musings which have been roundly denounced, quite rightly imo.

Islam is anachronistic, homophphobic and misogynst, and should be denoiunced as such. We in the UK would not allow Sharia Law to insinuate itself in any form

David

• zeroday
    zeroday
    I really hope that Muslim within the 'free' world understand that their right to practice Islam is only valid if other are allowed not to practice Islam. That all religions have constraints in "westernized' lands.

THAT will never happen Islam teaches that if you are not one of us you are an infidel that must be destroyed...

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

llbh, I was referring to the recent decision by Lord Chief Justice Lord Philips that "Those entering into a contractual agreement can agree that the agreement shall be governed by a law other than English law." The problem is is that this ruling opens the door wide open for the most barbaric Islamic practices, such as honor killings, forced female circumcision, as well as forced marriages. The Chief Justice basically is saying that English law does not apply there, at least it could easily be construed to mean that.

• amicus
    amicus

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say "Europe must stand up to teachers who take class lessons to extremes"?

This is clearly the case of a teacher and perhaps a school that needs to be reigned in. Islam is no more at fault here than the Catholic Church.

a law other than English law

Yes, but this will be within the confines of English Law is the way I understood it. It is also by consent. No hand or head chopping here obviously.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Zero,

THAT will never happen Islam teaches that if you are not one of us you are an infidel that must be destroyed...

So does Christianity.

HS

• zeroday
    zeroday

So does Christianity.

HS

Christians don't strap on suicide belts and kill innocent men women and children...

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Zero,

So does Christianity.

Just to remind you that my comment was as a direct result of your statement, quoted above. You mention Islamic teaching, not methodology. Both Islam and Christianity teach the same end via a different methodology. Their aims, world conversion with all non-believers being destroyed, are the same.

It could be argued that Islam is 'direct action' Christianity where their aims are concerned. Before you reply, please read my posts carefully. It gets very tedious having to make all the running in the logic department.

HS

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Their aims, world conversion with all non-believers being destroyed, are the same.

The difference being Christians believe their "God of Love" will do the destroying, Islam (radical) believe they are doing the destroying in Gods name...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit