My Avatar and yours

by LockedChaos 77 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

My avatar is the cover of Elton John's Rock Of The Westies album released in October 1975. The symbolism is, of course, that 1975 was the "appropriate time for God to act" according to the WTBS, and expectations ran high, especially for October, which seems to be the jw's favorite month for the, ahem, "fulfillment" of all things prophetic.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

mine is a 1890's image of a cowboy...from an old advertising card.

I still live part of my life like that guy.

~Jeff

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

Mine is just me.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

me right after getting tattooed

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

That's me in a hotel room, with only a towel on - yeah all I need is a cocktail in my hand and that would sum up my life.

• hobbitLore
    hobbitLore

Mine is an image from The Hobbit.

Ties in with my board nickname.

hobbitLore

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    That's me in a hotel room, with only a towel on - yeah all I need is a cocktail in my hand and that would sum up my life.

Brookie, I think you are in the wrong room honey. I've checked under all the towels. Come on over - I have cocktails! My avatar - my ass, but will only be up for 30 minutes and then it will be my ass on a Rockie rock.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I've jumped on the bandwagon - it's just me...

• undercover
    undercover

Guys in trench coats always look like they're up to no good or working undercover and have to hide their identity.

And who's the coolest in a trench coat? No, not me, but thanks for the compliment.

The coolest is Humphrey Bogart. I loved his tough guy characters, needing no one, not caught up in fads or giving a damn about what or who was in charge. He did what he had to do to survive, no matter what was going on around him. He was cynical and if need be, ruthless.

To live with JWs and to subjected to their pressures, I feel a lot like Rick surrounded by the Nazis on one hand and the corrupt French authorities on the other. All he wants is to be left alone and run his cafe. All I want is to be left alone and to run my life my way.

• minu
    minu

Mine reminds me of my two kitties. plus I like what the yin-yang stands for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit