KNOW ANY JWS INVOLVED IN DUBIOUS BUSINESS PRACTICES?

by badboy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

any takers?

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I once worked with a witnesses in janitorial. This person was also a distributer for a line of janitorial cleaning products. Before I delivered 5 gallon pails to the various customers this person would pour some off and add water! This usually made 5 gallons with 4! leaving an extra gallon to sell! We had serious words about his business practices before I quit doing business with this person. I was seriously stumbled. He was an elder.....an PO. He stepped down not long after that.

• tartarus
    tartarus

One elder I knew charged $$$ for helping immigrants come and work in the country illegally. They needed a citizen as a guarantor to get entry visa. The elder wasn't naturalized citizen himself yet so (!) he got another JW with citizenship to sign for them. The JW that signed for them didn't get a penny from this "business". To her surprise (and horror) she spotted one of the people she signed for working the street as a prostitute.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

One brother at my congregation here in Florida, took several of the friends life savings on dubious investments. He ended up doing several years in the big house. He and his elder father in law denied wrong doing all the time. Nontheless he did several years. Now hes back in the congregation as a ministerial servant. It was in the local pappers.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Drew Kabanuk and his mom Donna, slumlords, sold property they didn't own, had to be sued for the money back.

Matter of public record, EXCEPT to the elders.

rd

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Like an "fellow" elder said to me the other day: "I never contract JWs, because if some problem arise I can't sue them. There is always problems working with brothers.".

I think there is all kind of people in all kind of places. Some JW are good people, some are not.

• Mary
    Mary

I knew one 'brother' who ripped off several people in the Hall, including his brother and his parents. Typical construction rip off: He had a business building homes; several brother subcontracted from him and did the work. When payment was not forthcoming, this scumbag claimed that he hadn't been paid and couldn't pay any of them. Of course, he didn't tell them this right away. They had to wait until he got back form taking his family to Disney World for a family vacation for a couple of weeks (they stayed at the Grand Floridian).

His brother and family ended up declaring bankruptcy, as this creep owed him something like $8,000 which he never paid. Of course the elders got involved, but this slimeball whined that he 'had no money', blah, blah, blah and of course you can't take your brother to court-----might bring reproach upon the congregation. Better that you go belly up, lose your home, life-savings and your dignity.

Funny though, when a couple of non-Witness subcontractors paid this guy a "visit" (word has it, they made him an offer he couldn't refuse), he miraculously found the money to pay them.

• BFD
    BFD

Can you say tax evasion?

BFD

• StAnn
    StAnn

I knew one 'brother' who ripped off several people in the Hall, including his brother and his parents. Typical construction rip off: He had a business building homes; several brother subcontracted from him and did the work. When payment was not forthcoming, this scumbag claimed that he hadn't been paid and couldn't pay any of them. Of course, he didn't tell them this right away. They had to wait until he got back form taking his family to Disney World for a family vacation for a couple of weeks (they stayed at the Grand Floridian).

Mary, same scheme up here. One brother took the money given to build homes and went on vacation to the Bahamas. The money was supposed to go to put windows in the house. The wife of the man having the house built had to put her kids in day care and go to work to pay for windows, so they could move into the house. The brother who was the contractor admitted he spent their window money on his vacation, when he was in bankruptcy court.

• The Nothing Man
    The Nothing Man

Yes. A certain little black man comes to mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit