Isn't this proof the GB doesn't believe what it preaches?

by nbernat 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It always bothered me that there wasn't any confidence that our "truth" couldn't withstand the scrutiny of critics. I remember distinctly one day listening to Rush Limbaugh (DISCLAIMER: I hate his guts....) You might recall that he only lets "dittoheads" on, people who agree with him. He only wants his conservative views stated and agreed upon. I remember saying to myself, "That sort of sounds like us!"

The GB's advice consistently to us Gilead grads wasn't "Let the truth do the talking" but, "Let your FAITH and EXAMPLE strengthen the congregation." Sounds good at first, but I was realizing that we were trying to get the congregation to follow our personalities, not our reasons for believing as we do.

As an elder, I was asked twice by a couple of publishers why we were always pushing our literature on people of other religions that criticized and raised doubts, but that we couldn't accept their literature that was designed to get us to question our beliefs. It wasn't fair, didn't make sense. And my response was the company line "We have the truth! They are part of Babylone the Great...." Wow, was I indoctrinated. Even then, I didn't feel comfortable with my own explanations.

I think there is a part of most JW's brain that tries to tell them "Something isn't right here." Not everyone listens to that voice, obviously.

• nbernat
    nbernat

It's so interesting to see how all of these top Witnesses have left. Is your picture in any of the Watchtowers?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit