The Universe

by ex-nj-jw 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

The Universe featuring the "Moon" is on the history channel if anyone is interested.

nj

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I got to see half of it before I was overruled with "Frasier" reruns. Just as they were going into the origins of the moon.

Way cool isn't it? I find astronomy fascinating. What did you think?

Chris

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I would have loved to have seen that!

• james_woods
    james_woods

It was good - History replays all of these from time to time so it is not gone forever. This is a great series including Sun, Mars, Outer Planets, Venus, etc.

• Casper
    Casper

I've seen all the episodes... absolutely "Fascinating"...!!!

They do make me doubt the existence of "God" tho... mainly because of the vastness of the universe.

Cas

• james_woods
    james_woods

They do make me doubt the existence of "God" tho... mainly because of the vastness of the universe.

Or for some, Casper, maybe this would make them (not me, BTW, but I would think many who have a need for such beliefs) actually believe in it more.

Anyway, it is certainly more intelligent a subject, and a more majestic and dignified one, than the silly 49,000 year old earth nonscientific mini-creationism of the JWs.

• Casper
    Casper
    ...actually believe in it more.

James,

I guess I feel, it's too vast, too much going on and in someways a very violent place.

Then sometimes I wonder, is the universe really so "BIG" or is it really, very, very small in relation to something we can't even begin to imagine. Like we are just a dust bunnie under some one's desk.......

Cas

• Casper
    Casper

nj

Was that the episode that showed the earth being hit and a huge chunk flew off and made the moon...?

That was amazing... if it's true.

I also wonder if "God" chose the earth to be inhabited.... why make a sun that would die...?

I also saw an episode of the galaxies, where another galaxy is headed straight for the milky way... they will collide. Imagine the chaos that will come of such a collision.......

Cas

• snowbird
    snowbird

Then sometimes I wonder, is the universe really so "BIG" or is it really, very, very small in relation to something we can't even begin to imagine. Like we are just a dust bunnie under some one's desk.......

Cas

Cas, you might find this interesting.

From The Message Bible:

2 Chronicles 6:18 Can it be that God will actually move into our neighborhood? Why, the cosmos itself isn't large enough to give you breathing room, let alone this Temple I've built.

Sylvia

• Casper
    Casper

Sylvia,

I appreciate the scripture, could you explain your understanding of it for me... I don't mean to be dense.

I've been running all day, and can't seem to grasp what it is trying to say...unless it's meaning is that the universe is small compared to God..??

Thanks,

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit