The Bible Dinosaur

by Devilsnok 43 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Didn't at one time either the WT or Awake speculate that God must have put the Dino's here to help create oil reserves, (as if Oil is made from squished Dinosaur guts) but that he found it appropriate to "remove" them sometime before the flood?

Of course, another problem with the Witness Dino teaching is that it pretty well violates the "all animals were vegitarians in the beginning" idea. At least for anybody who has ever seen the evidence of a T-Rex skeleton.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Thankyou fadeout for that scan

:)

Its also good to see that i wasn't the only one that used to draw inside my bible

Daydreaming about that Dinosaur save me from many a boring hour down the hall

Matt

• james_woods
    james_woods

Devilsnok, I think that almost all little kids simply love Dinosaurs. I know that in my case, I had a big collection of all kinds of plastic dinosaurs, including some plastic mountains, palm trees, etc. I also had plastic glue-up skeleton models of the Triceratops, the Stegosaurus, and the T-Rex.

It was a pretty educational hobby, too - the set had a booklet which explained that cavemen did not exist during the time of the dinosaurs, and that they lived in various geological eras: Jurassaic, etc...it even showed which species were ancient, like the Dimetrodon, and which were of a later era. It gave scientifically accurate dates for how old they were.

I remember winning a science award back in the fifth grade for making a diorama and writing up a dinosaur paper from this source.

This was about 4 years before the witnesses captivated my family, and I can honestly tell everybody that I never did believe for one second their teachings about the 7,000 year creative days, the water vapor canopy, or any of the creationist hooplah. I just avoided talking about the subject as much as possible as nothing they had to say about it made the slightest bit of sense.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Memories again!!

I drew a little stick figure person clutched in the claws of the
    terrible dino. Then I added smashed little people under his big feet
    and all around him.

Yea, a sick and angry child.

I got into a lot of trouble for that one.

• Pandoras cat
    Pandoras cat

You drew a stick figure huh? That's funny!!! Wasn't there a whale in The Great Sea from that same bible? If I remember right it was on the other side that wasn't scanned---I wish I still had that green bible. One kid drew of speech bubble that had the whale burping. Silly I know but it cracked me up--still does. The boys were always the ones that were doing the creative drawing!!!

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Pandora
    The next page at the front had a whales head sticking out of the water
    and headed straight for a sail boat. Had fun with that one too

They even marked where the Garden of Eden was, though with a
    question mark.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

- "They even marked where the Garden of Eden was, though with a
    question mark."

Wasn't that in the black 1984 bible as well? I seem to remember that one quite well. I also can't help but wonder how they figured out where the Garden of Eden was.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I didn't know Carthage used to be inhabited with dinosaurs.

Carthage is several hundred kilometers north and east of their. For a Barca, you need a lesson in Carthaginian geography.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, at least biggo Dino was sort of headed in the right direction in his march to trample and rampage the city then, no?

• TD
    TD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit