"An Encouraging email"- i really almost threw up.....

by New light for you 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I don't believe one single solitary part of this story.

Likewise. What a load of old codswallop!

• sacolton
    sacolton

What would a JW say if someone said, "I prayed the other night that God send me someone to bring me into the truth ... and you know what happened?! This morning two gentlemen came to my door and answered my prayers! They were Mormons! Isn't that wonderful?! God does answer prayers!"

How can you counter that?

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Also, develomentally, those with Down Syndrome are typically incapable of abstract thought (spirituality) of any kind. This young now old mand probably pictures kermit the frog in his head every time he hears Jehovah.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

You hit it on the head LouBelle.

• flipper
    flipper

The bottom line , as some previous posters stated, is if Richard was really being given proper attention by the witnesses who knew his mother , then 3 years would NOT have gone by for this man to be shown " loving " assistance. It just goes to show that many times the "caring " shown to others by Jehovah's Witnesses- ends as soon as they walk out the kingdom hall doors

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

gweat stowy. I give it one fumb up

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

This is probably the biggest bunch of bull I've heard in awhile, errr at least since I've talked with the last witness, heard a lot of this bull at the final talk of the DC. Its all made up and a bunch of bulls**t.

• Babylon the Great Employee
    Babylon the Great Employee

"What are the odds of a Downs Syndrome male living to age 61?"

Not very high. The average life span for a male with Down Syndrome is under 50 years, although there are certainly those who live longer.

Sounds like a big load of hooey to me, although I can certainly imagine Witnesses never following up with what happened to some poor soul who lost his elderly mother and was sent to live in an assisted retirement community of some sort. Someone should send the email to Snopes.com to investigate.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

I tend to think most JW stories are mostly myth and fable - urban legends at best. I think this one has some truth. . . . here's why . . . . I have ties to the jacksonville area specifically the beaches . at the ponte vedra beach hall there is a downs syndrome man of about 50+ years if not more. his age surprised me because I never thought they lived that long. (showing my ignorance here). anyway last I visited there Richard Drag0ne (spelling to protect the innocent against googlization) was alive and well. from what I recall he moved to the area with his mother to Jax. later she was put in a home. I have no idea what became of her. I do know someone close to my family frequently gave him rides to the hall as well as others in the KH. . . . . now regarding the rest of the story about roaming the town or whatever, I never heard that. I can say this: he's never been considered legendary by jw standards in the jax area but who knows how that may have changed. -not feeling it

• loosie
    loosie

the reason it took three years for Jah to answer is because 3 years to us is 3 minutes to him. Geez stop rushing him. he is really busy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit