What is the shortest prayer you have ever heard in the KH?

by asilentone 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

One time, a elder said like "Heavenly Father Jehovah, Thank you for the meetings. I pray thru Jesus Name Amen" I was so stunned it was a very short prayer.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I can't tell you the shortest but the longest was 12.5 minutes, I timed it...it was dreadful.

hope4others

• watson
    watson

12 minutes, eh? I would definately have had words with that bro after the meeting. That is insulting.

• AnneB
    AnneB

I've heard a couple of those one-liner "prayers" as well. They happen right after the congregation sings only one verse of the song so the elders can bring the meeting to a close on time.

Nice thing when a timeclock takes precedence over True Worship. (Hey Farkel, how do you make the little copyright symbol?)

• song19
    song19
    I can't tell you the shortest but the longest was 12.5 minutes, I timed it...it was dreadful.

I know those ones, at conventions especially. They would ask one of the oldest, probably anointed, brothers to do the prayer. They were extremely heartfelt, but extremely long. But remember, because he was of the anointed, I am sure God listened to his prayer above any others that weekend... and since we were all there to hear it, it was like we were talking to God. double So much for going into a private place to pray... when you can be awed and admired my thousands.

Short prayers didn't happen... they were always too long for me.

• buckster
    buckster

Those kind of prayers happen after a night of chili and beer.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I remember those prayers. I sometimes said my own prayer, something like "Jehovah please make the bastard shut up already!"

I don't remember hearing any short prayers other than my own, which is probably why they only asked me to say about 5 of them at the hall in 20 years. They asked me to say more at the BS.

It was almost like the brothers™ were competing to see who could give the most wordy and elaborate prayers. Why do they need 50 different ways to say the same damn thing?

I liked them short and sweet.

W

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Rub a dub dub thanks for the dub grub bub. Ahhhh-men-choo!

• Casper
    Casper

I don't remember any really short ones either.

The long ones used to drag on and on... One brother, just kept repeating himself... thought it would never end.

Cas

• hot mama
    hot mama

What I remember is one brother who said Jehovah over and over.Like you don't talk like that to a friend so why say the name over and over when you pray?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit