Witness work at 2 a.m.?

by Fatfreek 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

A non-JW friend in a Southern state has close ties to a JW with a late teen-aged son. This son is pioneering during late hours, meaning 11 pm to 2 am. I'm told his car group calls on, among others, convenience store workers where they apparently have much idle time on their hands. This all sounds suspect. Is this just a local instance or is it practiced nationwide? Len

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I am not sure as I have never heard of this, but it does sound like a lucrative market.

• blondie
    blondie

No, I can remember going out past 8 pm calling on 24 hour gas stations and convenience stores. I also had a study with a woman that worked until 11 pm and went to bed around 7 am. But how many businesses like that can there be?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Night clubs are a great place to get a few hours of ministry. Drunks are very talkative and open.

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

That's certainly an interesting approach. Are the others in his car group also teenagers? My first thought on reading this was that he's feeding his mom a line about where he is late at night, but I'm sure that's overly cynical.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

My first thought on reading this was that he's feeding his mom a line about where he is late at night, but I'm sure that's overly cynical.

That's gone through my mind as well. I mean, how many convenience stores are there in an area? To call on a enough to fill 3 hours that may run the gas bill up.

Other than convenience stores and 24 hour gas stations, what's left?

Len

• Casper
    Casper

Sounds fishy to me.... but then, who knows...

Gotta get those hours in

Cas

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

I know of a congregation in Charlotte that had members go out Saturday morning at 12 AM and work till 7 AM. They would then stop for breakfast and meet back with their regular field service groups.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

A pioneer™ sister™ in my hall gave an experience™ about going out all night to 24 hr gas bars and placing a lot of magazines. I have to wonder where she went, as there were only 3 such gas stations in that area.

W

• song19
    song19

I think this is common practice. Now I heard of people driving long distances, and I mean long distances to go on vacation or what not and count every second as they would stop at gas stations and stores etc.

When I was a young JW, we would drive to our street territory and stop in at the gas stations along the way. We normally headed out the door around 5am. I was such a zealous teen... never did that as an adult. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit