I GOT MY TOY AT LAST !

by Simon 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Ok, this will probably sound really stupid to most people but...

When I was little, I had a go of a toy called 'vertibird' in a shop near us.

It was BRILLIANT!

But I never got one

This was the one toy I have always wanted. Whenever I've been to toys-r-us with the kids I've always looked out for them but, alas, I've never found them.

Until NOW !

And guess what? I found them in the very shop that I saw them in as a kid! The Makro Mail came last week and Angharad thought I was having a fit... they've changed the name and it's now called 'Chopper Patrol' but its the same thing.

I went on Monday night after work and bought the last three they had.

Best of all, the kids think it is abolsutely brilliant too and we've played with it every night when I get home.

Happy days

BTW: I have since foudn a web-site too where you can download a simulator - trust me, you will WANT one, LOL.

http://www.whirlybirdcentral.com

See, Santa does come through in the end !

• expatbrit
  • VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

At least it wasn't a dead parrot!!!!!

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Huh...not what I thought it was gonna be.

I got my toy too...but erm...I don't let my kids see it!

Dana

P.S. Simon, I'm really happy for ya...enjoy!

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...
    Closing Time, Semisonic

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

well I have a toy that whirls, but it is not the same as yours...:) I hope you enjoy the whirllybird

• waiting
    waiting

Uh, Simon, has it occurred to you that the only persons who are responding to your thread about being excited by a toy.....are women?

I had a go of a toy called 'vertibird'
    Yeah, we got toys too - and they begin with a "v" too.

You English men.............

waiting

• zev
    zev

hey....
    i got toys too

i aint no woman either

ask me....i'll check and make sure.

-Zev
    We're on a roll!
    Can you say...Squirm?

• Satanus
    Satanus

PRAISE SANTA!!!! HALELUSANTA!!!!

• kenny2
    kenny2

Simon
    I had that same toy as a kid and loved it!! Must have played that thing for months straight until the motor eventually burned out. By that time, there were no more to be found. I asked everyone I knew where to get another one, but noone had ever heard of it. I did find one similar to it at a toy store last year and bought it for my nephew for christmas, but I was the one who hogged it the most. Btw, how many times could you pick up the man without crashing? I could only do it once.

Kenny2

ps. nephews motor has burned out too. looking for another one now.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, women seem to really like battery powered toys for some reason [8>]

They are fun too but not as good as a VERTIBIRD !!

BTW: If you want one, they are now called "chopper patrol". The site I posted has more details plus where to buy them (there is an 'adult' version which is precision engineered aluminium).

The simulator is pretty good, the physics / dynamics are spot on - I have on my computer at work to feed my addiction while I'm separated from the real thing, LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit