WTS Will Stop Charging Interest on Loans

by doinmypart 49 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

The letter is dated June 4, 2008. It was read at this week's Service meeting.

Also, the reason given for not charging interest was "to be consistent" throughout all of the branches. Perhaps this has something to do with their non-profit status. Would charging interest in some countries cause them to lose their status? Which countries?

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

good one Farkel!

got to get my White Castle...

• lawrence
    lawrence

Hell, no more interest being charged - maybe I'll call Crooklyn and ask about applying for a loan....

Farkel- loved those revelations.

• VM44
    VM44
    They make all their cash flow from flavored sugar water which has a gigantic mark-up.

Tremendous profits! That is what paid for the house Beth Shan and most likely the house Beth Sarim as well.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

lol@Farkel

thanks for the chuckle

purps

• DonutsToGo
    DonutsToGo

I wonder if this has anything to do with liability and seperating the Corporation from the congregation.

For the Napa Court Cases the WT attempted to get out by claiming that they were Pennsylvania Corporation with no financial interests in California. The court ruled that because the congregation received invoices from the Corporation for insurance coverage that it constituted a business relationship, even though payment was called "donations".

Would the same work for interest paid on loans?

• M.J.
    M.J.

:MacDonalds = Watchtower Society!

Good one Farkel!

I can so see the connections:

"Hey, I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. But now... now I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill. And pretty soon, I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in."

• M.J.
    M.J.

Maybe the key words are "so the loans can be paid off sooner". Maybe they want to get out of the loan business altogether--and quickly?

Will they be giving out any NEW loans? My guess would be no.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

McDonalds=Watchtower..........McWatchtower..Spiritual Fast Food served all day long..If you don`t like it..Shut up and eat it!.....Join our Religious Cult and Treble Clef.."We`ll do it all to you!"..Notes...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• NanaR
    NanaR

Anybody have a scan of the letter?

Ruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit