Lets list everything that has pagan origins!!

by song19 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

Wheel of the Year:

Wheel of the Year

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

so, heaven,

the israelites were pagans,

lol

• Heaven
    Heaven

so, heaven,

the israelites were pagans,

lol

Sssshhhh... don't say it too loud as it will freak out the Christians.

• silent
    silent

The necktie has origins in war in Europe. Pretty much any holiday is pagan. Any invention that is made by a non-believer could be construed as pagan. The phones, computers, electricity, automobiles, powered boats, airplanes, and anything that is made by people of other religions is technically pagan. I never could figure out why it's okay to utilitize these "things of the world" but if you don't wear a necktie - you're considered unkempt or disrespectful. They don't wear neckties in African nations - they wear traditional garb and there we go again - putting traditions of men ahead of God. Where do you draw the line and who says just how much paganism is okay and what isn't?

So if it's your culture, is it okay? Who says what cultural things are okay and what are not? Who invented the culture? Why can't I invent my own culture and follow it instead of what some worldly heathen pagan invented?

I create my own culture and follow it. That's the only sure fire way to make sure to minimze pagan influence in your life, but I digress. I still use computers, phones, and cars.

-silent

• apostrate
    apostrate

Thomas Crapper invented the toilet and there's nothing to indicate that he was a Christian!

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

Wow- list is shaping up. If I can find the time I want to combine the list into a chart with references!

Amazing how a word that means “country folk” or “stranger in town” could turn to have a religious meaning some 1200 years or so ago to now mean “non-Christian” – WT definition “BAD/SATAN”!!

By WT standards:

1. Is everything the WT says is pagan tied only to Nimrod, Egypt, Babylon? What about everything that we do today that is a result of Greek/ Roman culture?

1. What non-religious things can you add to the EVERYTHING list that “pagans” invented that we do everyday?

1. What’s the difference and what carries more gravity of badness/wrongness between something that’s pagan vs something that’s part of Satan’s world?

(In looking from the Satan’s world point of view- the GB is using the internet- a tool of Satan to teach Jehovah’s message)

This stupid line of reasoning of WT/GB has to be drawn somewhere!

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Lipstick used to symbolize whether a prostitute was willing to perform oral sex

Jamie: Did lipstick mean the woman would be willing to perform oral sex, or that she wouldn't? I can see it both ways. If she was willing, she had her lips greased up for the task, but if it meant she wasn't willing, I guess its because she wouldn't want to smear her lipstick.

Just wondering.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Yule and the Winter Solstice approach....

Yule

• apostrate
    apostrate

drewcoul,

I'm not Jamie, but I can tell you that from what I've read that lipstick would indicate that the prostitute specialized in performing oral sex. I don't imagine they would mind smearing their lipstick if the price was right, though!

• silent
    silent

@Apostrate: LOL! Toilets are pagan too then!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit