jw.org cart days numbered?

by jookbeard 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

but their cart in my town centre is constantly stocking out of date magazines,

yep--thats what you get from an out of date religion. times up watchtower---last one to leave please turn out the new light

• traveb
    traveb

If I was still an active JW, I would much rather man a cart than bug people at their homes. I absolutely hated going door to door.

• traveb
    traveb

I assume many JWs feel like I used to. We all know that "putting in time" is the most important thing to a JW, and the cart system seems like any easy to accomplish that. Who the hell cares whether it's successful or not? It's all about appearances and getting your photo taken with cart, so you can post it on Instagram with a cool filter and a funny caption. Look mom, I'm spiritual!

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    If you look at the topics from 12 years ago till now its always about... the WT is in decline,... the WT will collapse,.. the WT is desperate,.. the Internet will kill the WT,... the WT has cash flow problems. Still 12 years later the WT is still here,.. is still growing,.. is still alive and kicking,.. is still spending hundreds of millions a year on all kind of projects and stuff,.. is just doing fine and to me it seems they will continue to do so.

You could make the same basic argument about JWs in general. 100 years of Christ's invisible reign, and what exactly has been accomplished? A minuscule following of 8 million out of 7 billion people, no charitable works, not one true prophetic interpretation. Just a bunch of people wasting hours of their lives every week on nonsense. Being manipulated and coerced into growing a new religion. If WT failed tomorrow what would we truly lose? Nothing, because the ORG is all about taking and never about giving.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Yes jookbeard they sent a letter both in the uk and the us about using up all old magazines on the trolleys etc and now that they are all undated they can still be used in 3 months or 3 years time cutting down as much as possible on anything that costs them money ie people have been talking about them not printing any magazines in the uk anymore and doing it from germany.So in the uk and the whole world i bet they have tried to make JWs more careful in giving magazines away and who they give them out to on the carts.They dont mind the publishers standing out on the carts filling their time just so long as they dont cost headquaters money
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    20 years from now they'll be out witnessing handing out print outs of ten year old tracks showing people 10 year old jw videos and the only message they'll receive from mother is an automated video saying keep up The work and send us your money.
  • out4good4
    out4good4
    If I was still an active JW, I would much rather man a cart than bug people at their homes. I absolutely hated going door to door.

I have a relative that used to have a standing evening when she would go out with a group and do this cart work at a particular location. For some reason, this option and location was co-opted by a head honcho in the circuit under the guise that they could best serve the area by having a particular set of people with a certain skill set that they could manage.

She told me that the group cried about it on the last day.

• Magnum
    Magnum

insidetheKH: If you look at the topics from 12 years ago till now its always about... the WT is in decline,... the WT will collapse,.. the WT is desperate,.. the Internet will kill the WT,... the WT has cash flow problems. Still 12 years later the WT is still here,.. is still growing,.. is still alive and kicking,.. is still spending hundreds of millions a year on all kind of projects and stuff,.. is just doing fine and to me it seems they will continue to do so.

All the evidence indicates that you are completely wrong. I don't see an org that is "alive and kicking". It's not thriving. It might be alive, but it ain't kicking. I see an org that is running with its tail between its legs. The old bold org is dead. The new version in wimpy; it runs from challenges, tries to hide its history, is ashamed of its older publications, etc.

It's in damage control mode. For example, the recent Watchtower study articles about partakers/anointed are indicative of an attempt to control the damage done from the fact the number of partakers is steadily increasing when it should be decreasing according to JW doctrine.

If JWdom is not in decline in quantity (which I believe it will be soon), it is definitely in decline in quality.

still spending hundreds of millions a year on all kind of projects and stuff

Lately it's been all about cutting back and not spending money (cutting back on printing, firing special pioneers, getting rid of DO's, halting construction, etc.)

is just doing fine

I disagree. It has major problems. It has had to completely rebrand and become something that most of us a few years ago would never have imagined it would. It was forced to. It's predictions have failed, it has had to abandon virtually the whole F Franz era, etc.

• bafh
    bafh

I'm inactive and even I would do the CART. I just stand there, drink coffee, and chat about the weather. Sometimes I see the CART out and the JWs are 10 feet away sitting on a bench. Even I could do that.

No problemo.

• fulano
    fulano
    I would hide behind the cart, what a life! And insidethekh.....you shouldn't talk or write with apostates, I don't understand your behaviour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit