new Tract

by metajw 23 Replies latest jw friends

• metajw
    metajw

This tract is for aboriginals specifically. That other campaign you linked to is not related to this tract or next year's international conventions (as I understand it), but is instead to be done in october/november of this year.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Anyone in favor of putting the GB on an ice floe, raise your hand!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The WTS criticises Babylon as false religion and Aboriginal beliefs as pagan. Yet quite hypocritically in a brochure such as this one the quote from an Aboriginal elder as something that should be listened to. If it agrees with WTS teachings he can be believed and should be followed, if it doesn't, his is promoting the Devil. The WTS always wants it both ways.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Haven't the natives of North America been screwed up enough by white men without getting further screwed up by clueless codger white men in diapers from Brooklyn?

I think they have.

Farkel

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Haven't the natives of North America been screwed up enough by white men without getting further screwed up by clueless codger white men in diapers from Brooklyn?

The smallpox blankets continue!

So are the aboriginals and native americans going to live somewhere by themselves in the new world or something? Why does their paradise pic not include other ethnic groups? Just an observation. I hope they don't respond to it.

Good point, shopaholic. Why do they have to be so patronising to the tribes? "Look, you get your own little natural paradise, with another native guy who can talk to you!"

See that? You can worship mother earth and the watchtower all at the same time. The Watchtower - new and improved. Hip to today's crowd.

These are the same people that really think they can convert Jews and Muslims...if they didn't have such a crappy product to sell them, I'd say go for it.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The talks aren't meant for the public.

That's just peachy. Just bold face lie because the public is stupid. They listen to words of men without any qualification. Oh wait is that the public?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Oh brother! Another waste of paper to distribute. I hope they fail miserably to complete this one, just as they did with the REJECT Jesus Invitation Waste of Paper Distribution Campaign of 2008. Only this time, I hope they don't even get the one placed at Starbucks! (I hope all they place there is a fair tip).

Thanks for the long notice about next year's Grand Boasting Session Invitation Waste of Paper Distribution Campaign of 2009. As with the other waste of paper distribution campaigns, I hope they place zero of those.

• Prov1320
    Prov1320

I don't know too much about aboriginals, but I do know that battling over land has been a big issue.

It would seem that the WTS is feeding on this, promising their own land by depicting pictures that showcase only aboriginals enjoying the paradise among their own native land (I didn't see any tigers or elephants... just animals from the great white north). It's quite deceptive. So are they saying that even in the new system they will be confied to "reservation lands"?

I also love the stereotypical use of native clothing, animal symbols (the hawk, eg.), canoe, elemental symbols (the river)... all to promote deception and lies.

• Borgia
    Borgia

By 1879, the tract starts........., I'm tired of talk that comes to nothing. It makes my heart sick when I remember all the good words and all the broken promises.

1879 was a marked year. It was the year of the Witchtower starting to spill more good words and broken promises. And it has done so for almost 130 consecutive years. The list of good words and broken promises is endless. How many hearts and humans have died for these futile and vain words?

The Witchtower better had taken note of the words following that partial (as always) quote: "There has been too much talking by men who had no right to talk."

I also do like the following ones:
    "It does not require many words to speak the truth."

"We do not want churches because they will teach us to quarrel about God, as the Catholics and Protestants do. We do not want that...We may quarrel with men about things on earth, but we never quarrel about the Great Spirit."

Cheers

Borgia

• tfjw
    tfjw

Thanks metajw for sharing the tract.

shopaholic said: So are the aboriginals and native americans going to live somewhere by themselves in the new world or something? Why does their paradise pic not include other ethnic groups? Just an observation.

I was thinking the same thing.

Farkel said: "white men in diapers from Brooklyn"

Hey, I should probably resent that. At least my diapers are clean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit