Why we must obey the F&DS - according to this "brother"

by bud2114 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• White Dove
    White Dove

Excellent!

• Mary
    Mary

Excellent reply Bud........hopefully you'll give them something to think about.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here are some of the disasters that have already happened to people that have obeyed the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger in the past:

1975. People put off college, marriage, having children, getting needed medical help, and jobs. They sold their homes and went into debt trying to pioneer. And then 1976 came, the balloon came due, and they couldn't pay it.

People have died in Malawi for obeying the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger on the party card issue.

The blood issue has claimed lives, including those of children. I remember the beginning of 2007 when the sextuplets had the blood issue kill some of those children for no good reason.

Between 1967 and 1980, people have died because the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger told them that organ transplants were bad.

People have run into stagnation when they were told not to marry or were presented an obstacle course, told not to get decent jobs, did not save for retirement, or were told that more field circus was the answer to their problems. They followed such advice, only to be misled.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good posts, all.

I was trying to think of some scriptural points, too. Such as:

(Matthew 24:4-5) 4 And in answer Jesus said to them: "Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.

(Jeremiah 14:14) And Jehovah went on to say to me: "Falsehood is what the prophets are prophesying in my name. I have not sent them, nor have I commanded them or spoken to them. A false vision and divination and a valueless thing and the trickiness of their heart they are speaking prophetically to YOU people.

(Mark 13:5) So Jesus started to say to them: "Look out that nobody misleads YOU.

(Luke 21:8) He said: "Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them.

(Colossians 2:8) Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry YOU off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;

Even in their own writing, they have acknowledged that anything they say should be taken as being correct, or originating from God:

*** g93 3/22 p. 4 Why So Many False Alarms? ***

The

Watchtower, the official journal of Jehovah’s Witnesses, has said: "We have not the gift of prophecy." (January 1883, page 425) "Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible." (December 15, 1896, page 306) TheWatchtower has also said that the fact that some have Jehovah’s spirit "does not mean those now serving as Jehovah’s witnesses are inspired. It does not mean that the writings in this magazine TheWatchtower are inspired and infallible and without mistakes." (May 15, 1947, page 157) "TheWatchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic." (August 15, 1950, page 263) "The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)"

So, from the Scriptures, and from WT, blindly obeying anyone or anything would be wrong.

B the X

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

A well fitted and timely response!

• Open mind
    Open mind
    we will be in a similar situation in the great tribulation where we will think we are facing death, but we need to obey quickly the directions given.

Kool-Aid anyone?

om

• ataloa
    ataloa

An excellent response.

But when witnesses say this: "it had never rained", it just shows most of them never really read their watchtowers. There was new info on that (late 90's maybe?) that said it might have rained - we had no way of knowing. (Unless they've changed their minds again since then).

I knew I was the only one in my kh who really read those dern things.

• still_in74
    still_in74

FLIP-FLOP ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(August 15, 1950, page 263) "The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)"

First (above) quote: Paul and bible writers are inspired...

*** w95 5/15 p. 12 Flashes of Light in Apostolic Times ***
    No More Circumcision

8 A further bright flash of truth appeared in connection with the question of circumcision...............
    9 **************This time, it was not by means of an obvious miracle that those early Christians received the light that circumcision was no longer a requirement for Jehovah’s servants. Rather, they **received that increased light by searching the Scriptures,** looking to the holy spirit for guidance, and hearing the experiences of
    Peter and Paul regardingthe conversion of uncircumcised Gentiles. (Acts 15:6-21) The decision was issued in a letter that read in part: **********“The holy spirit and we ourselves********* have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication.” (Acts 15:28, 29) The early Christians were thus set free from the command to practice circumcision and from the other requirements of the Mosaic Law. Hence, Paul could tell the Galatian Christians: “For such freedom Christ set us free.”—Galatians 5:1.

Second quote: THESE bible writers are not inspired, but rather look to the HS for guidance and search the scriptures reading the experiences of Paul.

So what is the WTS/GB saying here? Why would they state this? Because this implies that bible teachings were revealed in the same manner as WTS "Light".

Thus drawing a parallel between the "first century GB" and the "modern day GB"

• VM44
    VM44

We must obey the F&DS because The Watchtower has been published continously since 1879 and each and every issue has exactly 32 pages!

This could not be true unless Jehovah was using them.

• Terry
    Terry

I asked my former best buddy (who has remained an active JW for 40 years!) the following question:

"If the Governing Body said you had to kill your children, march around your neighbor's house 7 times and smear your pet dog's blood on the doorjam at the end of the month---would you do so? Or would you start questioning their sanity, authority, legality, etc.?"

I think that sums it up.

IF the Governing Body is the EXACT EQUIVALENT of Jehovah's direction (that can seem weird, deadly or puzzling) then a JW should have absolutely no problem carrying out the sort of request as posed above!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit