What is the problem with new age stuff?

by loosie 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

When I speak to some christians they seem to have a fear of things new age related.

I was speaking to three christians today who I thought are very rational. I tolf them how my JW friend says the only good thing about getting older was that we are closer to the end of the world. Their response was well the bible says the world is gonna end.

Then they started in about Oprah endorsing these new age books ( A new earth by Eckhart tolle) and how it is so wrong for her to do that.

I was giggling and I said yeah well some people think that Obama is the antichrist lol

They said well he could be because Oprah endorsed Obama.

I don't understand!!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

The problem is they apparently are incapable of thinking outside the Bible box. Everything you say must go along with the Bible and the Bible only or you are wrong. Non-sequitors and false dilemmas.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I noticed that, too. New age scares the crap out of them. Must be something they are putting in the koolaide at church.

S

• White Dove
    White Dove

It scares a lot of Baptists, too. They flock to Pagan Pride Day in the park, form a small circle and pray, then go among us pagans and distribute literature and read scriptures from the Bible. Many of us drive them away like they are flies. They aren't allowed to infiltrate our activities any more. They sure are pests!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I would add too, that there is some hate of new age stuff by some christians. I speak from experience. I don't consider myself new age, but since i do meditation, i was branded new age by a born again christian.

S

• White Dove
    White Dove

We pagans are experiencing a revival, really. There is nothing new about new age. It just seems new.

• Robdar
    Robdar

The old guard doesnt die easily. And they are very vocal as they pass away.

I've been frolicking along on the new age path for quite some time now. It isnt all bunnies and butterflies though. There are some charlatans, so let the buy beware.

I love Eckhart Tolle. "The Power of Now" can change your life.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

The term New Age is a reference to the new age of the Platonic precessional year, or Great Year. The Great Year lasts around 26k solar earth years. During the progress of The Great Year, the sun moves through all of the constellations of the zodiac. The time the equinox sun spends in one particular house is an AGE. An age lasts roughly 2150 years on average.

The current age is the Age of Pisces. The age began around the supposed time of the birth of Jesus. The piscean fish has been associated with him ever since. The New Age is the Age of Aquarius.

The end of the current age is the end of Jesus to Christians even though this fear is mosty quite subconscious.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

Jesus talked about the end of the "age", not the end of the "world" or "system of things". Most so called "Christians" are the most superstitious and ignorant people, along with other religious "believers". Jordan Maxwell discusses the "New Age" and how it relates to "Christianity". http://www.jordanmaxwell.com/

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Jesus talked about the end of the "age",

Exactly. Much of the bible story seems to be an astronomical/astrological play.

End of the age. Obvious allusion to the end of the age of piscies.

Man carrying a jar of water enters his house. A phrase riddled with astrologic symbolism. In our terms: The Sun (son) will enter the house of aquarius.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit