What are men scared of???

by Billygoat 50 Replies latest social relationships

• Xena
    Xena

Hey Andee,

HHHmmm think, feel whatever you want to call it...I thought/felt my meaning was clear...lol believe it or not I do understand business somewhat myself...I just found a statement like that to be a bit biased ...but apparently it was just my womenly "feelings" getting in the way of my business like thought process.

Mega,

Glad to see you have changed your mind...

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I would chain all saucy babies up, while they chastised me. Then I would unlock them and dance around semi-nude with a top-hat on. This would stir things up a bit. Then I would let all of the women beat me senseless.

I love women!!!

ashi

• Andee
    Andee

Hey Xena,

My post was not to imply you don't have business sense. None of it was directed at you personally. I meant it directed at the differences between men and women, in general.

Women DO tend to go with feelings and how others feel about them, while men tend to go more with thinking and logic. Again, this is a generalization. However, I think it is accurate, overall. There are always acceptions on either side of the fence.

Besides! I'll bet you're a KICK-ASS boss!

Andee

• Xena
    Xena

Sorry if I misunderstood you Andee

• sansabar
    sansabar

Andi-
    I think some men are fearful of intelligent women because they
    know that eventually they will have to hold conversations, and actually communicate, something more than a grunt anyway. At first, I may be apprehensive when meeting such a women,but it's more like the thrill of reaching the acme of a roller coaster ride,and then, wheeeeeeeee!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m afraid of beautiful naked petite women.Somebody SCARE ME!(lol)...OUTLAW

• Tina
    Tina

shouts BOO at Outlaw heheheheheheh,hugs,tina

Vive Bene
    Spesso L'amore
    Di Risata Molto!!!

• teejay
    teejay

Hello, Andi.

I've been thinking about your initial post. It's hard to 'diagnose' a problem without really knowing the person -- getting clues only in the form of written words online. Still, in my experience, the basic themes of your problem are common. You say that you:

... have a successful career; a little college education; a great paycheck and little debt. You're cute. You have a strong personality, not hesitating to express your opinions. You don't consider yourself bossy or manipulative.

The key at the heart of your problem is clear. Several days ago I mentioned that the operative word in your query is "men." What I meant by that is that the fellows that you have been encountering, those intimidated by you, aren't fully grown, fully functioning men. In certain ways, they are still little boys.

Practically every these characteristics could easily intimidate these under-developed males. They have little with which to control, therefore dominate, you, and that -- domination and control -- is what most men must have over their women if they hope to be secure in their manhood. Many men are still living with a 1950s mindset. You know... the 'Father Knows Best' way of thinking wherein women know their place and men have all the answers. JW males (and the Taliban) are especially guilty of this.

That having been said, there IS a flipside to the coin. Some women go too far in expressing themselves, as do some men. Women (like men) with especially strong, opinionated natures often feel that their opinions absolutely MUST be expressed on every occasion if the globe is to continue its spin and the sun is to rise on the morrow. The idea of "loosing" an argument or uttering the words "you are right" or "I see your point" is held in extreme derision by these kinds of people. I don't know if this is true of you, but if it is, this trait can be very unappealing.

You say that in the past you've tended to attract men who were abusive, yet now you've discovered a previously unknown inner strength. Could it be that you now go overboard in expressing yourself? I ask only rhetorically, but it's something to consider. As I said at the outset, it's virtually impossible for someone in my position to know exactly what's going on in a life that is essentially unknown to me, but that's my take on your problem.

later,
    tj

Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content. - Helen Keller
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Tina,your a sweetheart,I like your new picture.You look hauntingly like my ex,a pretty lady...OUTLAW

• Richie
    Richie

I make it a point to treat women as they should be treated: with respect, kindness and dignity. I will always listen to what they have to say and respond to their needs. I am never scared of women, why should I? If they have worked hard and climbed the ladder of success in the commercial world or whatever profession or vocation they aspired to (including a homemaker), the happier I would be for them!
    One woman in particular who I regard as my princess is the one described in a poem from an unknown author:

She sat and stared beside the pond,
    startled eyes, brown hair,
    she sat and stared, I stood transfixed,
    drawn deep into her pools of blue.

Beside the pond in pre-washed jeans,
    a floppy top and feet so bare,
    cooling in the ripples there,
    beneath a sun that filtered down
    and placed a crown upon her hair.

What goddess have I come upon,
    disguised in jeans and floppy top,
    can this be real or have I dreamed,