Faithful slave?

by Kosonen 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

We have allways heard someones calling them selves "discreet and faithfull slave"? But sometimes it has been hard to understand if they really are discreet and faithful. They say that Jesus came in 1918 and approved them as discreet and faithful. Many of those were not yet born then, so could Jesus have approved them before their birth? I do not believe that. Instead Jesus said that he that has endured to the end will be saved. (Matthew 24:13) I believe that Jesus has appointed slaves to give spiritual food to other sheeps. In fact all the anointed ones are His slaves. But not all of theese slaves serve well. That is why Jesus asks Who really is the faithful and discreet slave? When somebody becames anointed I understand, then he becames appointed to give spiritual food. And later when his Master arrives he will appoint him over all his belongings. When will this happen? I believe it will be shortly before Armageddon, when the finaly approved slaves get the kingdom.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Welcome Kosonen. What's your story?

• yknot
    yknot

Looking forward to your participation in more community discussions.

• RR
    RR

The problem with the faithful and discreet slave teaching, is that the Society teaches this slave is not an individual, but a class, comprising all spirit-anointed ones, numbering around 7,000 around the world. However, I don't recall the Society ever contacting me for any imput when I was a witness, or anyone else for that matter. Should I or anyone else teach contrary to what was in the publications, we coud get DF'd for apostasy. So it would seem, that the only ones that matter are the dozen or so who sit within the ranks of the governing body!

RR

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Good points Kosonen and welcome to the board dude!

• Borgia
    Borgia

Well, you raise some key issues here, Konosen.

Welcome to the board. Could you briefly tell us something about the backdrop of the points you raised because you already seem to be out of tune with the understanding the FDS has about the subject.

Cheers

Borgia

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Excuse me, but I did not exactly understand what you would like to know?

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

About what would you like to know?

• Borgia
    Borgia

To be fair, Konosen, you do not have a profile description. Are you a JW, are you studying to become a jw, have you been a jw, raised as such, etc/?

From what I deduct from your initial question here, as I stated already, you seem to be out of tune with the current understanding of the FDS. So I'm interest in your background, where you're coming from.

Cheers

Borgia

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

I was batised when I was 13. Then 3 years ago I started to do what the organisation says about biblereading. To read a lot and to start the reading by asking guidance from Jehovah God. And often I have asked God to teach me someting new before the bible reading. And He have given me a lot of new understanding. About two month ago I decided to share with the study result with the governing body. I sent them 6 letters with different subjects. But I have not got any answer. I showed my elders also. One said you are may be right in all. But un other said we do not want that through you new thruths come. And they said we must dissfellowship you. I maid an appeal. But the other elders also decided to disfellowship me. But I continue to go to meetings with my family once a week. And believe that Jehovah gathers a people for his name, Jehovah´s wittnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit