For those that believe in the power of prayer/positive thoughts/reiki....

by LouBelle 10 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

A friend of a friend has been in a horrific car-crash. He has an extremely slim chance of survival as his body has stopped reproducing blood. If he does survive, he is expected to be a "vegitable". My dear christian friends tell me he isn't "saved" - I'm not a bliever in a barter system with God at all, but I am willing to pray that this man survives.

His name is Garith Smyth - please keep him, his girlfriend, child & parents in your thoughts, prayers, send him positive vibes.

Thank you.

• changeling
    changeling

Peaceful, positive thoughts going their way.

changeling :)

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

My prayers are with Him and his family. May God heal him and give his family peace during this time.

• arwen
    arwen

Sending positive thoughts and heartfelt prayers for him and his family.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Strength and healing to you Garith and family.

• flipper
    flipper

LOUBELLE - My wife and I send out caring, loving thoughts your way for the healing of your friend. Peace out, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Loubelle,

I just finished a prayer for him and his family. May they feel God's hand give them strength.

CL

• Dagney
    Dagney

Warm thoughts of comfort and healing go out to Garith and his family, and to you, Loubelle.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The power of positive thinking: If good things consistently happen, there is an excellent bet that they will continue. And the person will think they will because that will be going with the odds.

If bad things consistently happen, there is an excellent chance that they will continue. And the person will think they will because that is with the odds.

Result: The person who thinks bad things will happen (because they always have) will probably continue having bad luck. Why? Not because of negative thinking, but because whatever caused the bad luck is still there. This is also why forcing oneself to think positively almost never produces results, unless it causes the person to see clearly the root cause of the bad luck and remove it. People that have good things happen and force themselves to think negatively, likewise, will not start having bad luck unless they also sabotage the reason behind their good luck.

Prayers are not answered by God. However, one can still show someone that they care with prayer. And sometimes praying will help one find the root solution to a problem.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    My dear christian friends tell me he isn't "saved" - I'm not a bliever in a barter system with God at all, but I am willing to pray that this man survives.

That's terrible for them to say such a thing! They have no idea what is in this man's heart! I'm sending positive thoughts your way, hoping that he pulls through this!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit