Publications Out of Print

by cinnamon1642 4 Replies latest jw friends

• cinnamon1642
    cinnamon1642

According to one of the local elders I've heard that the following publications can no longer be ordered from the branch by the congregations:

Worship the Only True God (2002)

Keep On the Watch! (2004)

Anyone know if this is true? If so I wonder why they took these publications out of print so soon compared to some of the other things they still print from the 90's.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I didn't know that WTS publications were turning into "old light" so quickly these days! Wow. It used to take at least a decade.

• cinnamon1642
    cinnamon1642

I could forsee a revision of Keep On the Watch! specifically on the introductory pages regarding some of the things going on in churches. If anything they may want to make such an opening page less controversial so a publisher may not likely encounter an argument with a person if they wanted to debate about sexual activities that are happening in the churches.

However I'd think they would keep printing the Worship the Only True God book as it's only 6 years old. They had released that to replace the old United in Worship of the Only True God book back from the 80's. Doesn't seem that there is too much that has really changed since the time the Worship book was released, and any adjustments would be reflected in the newer 2006 printing version.

• RR
    RR

they're out of print, so that the Society can print new editions and make more money.

• Farkel
    Farkel

RR,

: they're out of print, so that the Society can print new editions and make more money.

They weren't worth printing in the first place, so it's high time they took them off the market!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit