My first post

by wonderwoman77 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Hello all, this is my first post here on this board. I have been to other boards, but I thought I would grace you all with my prescence as well. I know I just met some of you in the chat room. Thanks for welcoming me. I was a JW for only 6 years. From the time I was 13 to 19, so I lost most of my teen years. By the time I was 17, I knew I wanted out. My senior year in high school, I only went to half the meetings. My dad had been df'd and my mom was drifting. I had more friends at school than at the KH. When I went to college I broke away. Never looking back. I went wild my freshman year. It was great. My sophomore year in college, I finally explored my bisexual side that I had been supressing forever. I knew I was attracted to both sexes by age 10 or earlier. I still did not come out to most people, just my close friends. I got a tatoo and still had fun. I am now in graduate school. I am going to be an occupational therapist. I will be done in a year!! Thanks for listening. I hope to have many more posts.....

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

WELCOME!!!!

Hey do you think we could borrow your lasso to get the GB or WTS to tell the truth???

Ven

BTW your my fav superhero!!!!

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{WW}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Hi Sweetie!!!!!!
    Second time I have been able to "talk" to you today!!!!!!!!
    So good to see you.
    Welcome to the board.
    Love ya,

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I still did not come out to most people, just my close friends.

Does this mean you consider all of us your close friends?

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Wonderwoman....WELCOME!! Please enjoy this forum, and I hope to see you in chat soon.

Boozy

• Simon
    Simon

WonderWoman! (one of the only DC superheroes that I liked).

Welcome to the forum

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

If you became a JW at 13, apparently beforehand you were already who you were going to be.

So, the JW event in your life was a forced toleration on you, this being before you found your new found freedom, enlightenment, and experimentation. Your mother and father failed in the WT scam also.

Eventually you "broke away" from (? ?) mother, father, watchtower?

And this deliverance allowed you to be a bi-sexual experimentator, this affirming your feelings which you had at 10 or earlier, even before puberty apparently.

You eventually came-out to the world as a bi-sexual. Then you got a tatoo!

Now you are in graduate school becoming an occupational therapist so you can help people with physical and "mental" disabilities.

And you look forward to posting more about yourself in the future. I note you have great freedom of expression, and a sense of achievment, and apparently you have found like-minded people here to welcome you.

So, I have some questions.

- Is there anything you might feel is missing in your life?
    - Is there any tiny little thing you have not found yet?
    - How much more depth and breath of life do you expect to achieve?
    - Do you think this forum will help you become a greater person?

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Hey Thomas, well you pose some interesting questions...And great summary of my post.
    1. Yes I feel there are things missing in my life. My mother and I have not spoken since september and I do not want our relationship to be this way. It ended on her terms and I never wanted that although she has borderline personality disorder. It is a long story, but I feel family is missing. My friends are my family. In fact my adopted mom is on this forum...Hey C!!! There is also something missing in my life that is not quite tangiable. Just a little hole....

2. Yes whatever this little hole is, it is missing. I felt that it was filled for one year of my life, but I was living in a fantasy. After that fantasy, I spent two years in counseling. That helped me a lot, but I still struggle with things. Sometimes I think the hole is related to myself, sometimes I think it is something I need to find. Sometimes I think it is something that cannot be found. Have you ever heard the song Would Not Come By alanis morissette. That describes this feeling....

3. I expect to have a deeper relationship with all people in my life. I want to get the most out of my life. I want to travel the world. I want to some day be a professor and share my knowledge and help others achieve their goals. I want to make a difference. The idealist I am, says I can. I have been through a lot of crap in my life, that I have not posted. If I can survive all that, I can overcome anything.

4. I think meeting new people and continuely healing from being a jw, and from my past in general always helps me grow as a person.

By the way I started puberty at an early age, 10 was it for me. Thanks for the questions...got anymore...

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Hey sixofnine, well it was back about 4 years ago when I only came out to good friends. I am out to some more people now, but still not everyone, but it is a lot easier to tell people when you first meet them than explain later.....

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    - Is there anything you might feel is missing in your life?
    - Is there any tiny little thing you have not found yet?
    - How much more depth and breath of life do you expect to achieve?
    - Do you think this forum will help you become a greater person?

WonderWoman, a word of warning. Whatever your answers to these questions Thomas Poole is convinced that Jesus is the answer to everything. If you acknowledge that there's anything "missing" from your life, he'll try to fill that gap with JC. Just to let you know.

Anyway,welcome to the board! Just watch out for the Christians

--
    Those who can induce you to believe absurdities can induce you to commit attrocities - Voltaire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit