martial arts

by Mysterious 23 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

That is wonderful Mysterious, keep on practicing. I took my first lesson in Wing Chun about a month before my last meeting. It was a huge eye openner in many respects. And you are absolutely right, martial artists are some of the calmest people you will ever meet. Reason being, as you continue practicing you start actually being mindful of that thing called "now" where no past or future bothers you or obstruct your vision, hence you can afford to react with mesured precision, no more and no less. You are the master of your environment and you know it. So no need to walk around like a pumped rooster to scare people off, (actually these guys get their ass kicked so much that it isn't even funny any more), and more often than not being pumped is a sure sign of some internal insecurities, so it is a clear giveaway.

As you keep on perfecting your skill you will find something remarkible. Skills you are learning will stop being physical skills alone they will become an art form, a way of life that sets you apart from all the rest. Finally, it will spill over on every other aspect of your life. You will become an artist of your own soul.
    Forgot who, but someone somewhere said "The David you are sculpting is you"

All the best to you.

Here is one of my old threads on M.A.

Martial Arts – ultimate self-help system

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I agree 100% with zagor. I always wanted to practice martial arts since I was very young but you all know why I could not. About a year or two after being "inactive" I finally decided to take shotokan karate and jiu-jitsu. I use to have a problem with controlling my aggressivity, being raised in a very violent environment ( my dad would beat me) I had a lot of violence in side of me. Martial arts totally help.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Thanks for the encouragment ^_^ I just recently learned the steps to Chun Ji (white belt pattern) so I can't wait to go to class and perfect my form.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Has anyone else taken martials either before, during or after they were in the borg and what kinds of transformations in your attitudes toward martial arts have you undergone over time?

I took Shotokan Karate for several years after excaping the tower.

It got me my current job of training defensive tactics at the jail I work at.

The said I had great technique.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit