• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I don't know if its true or not, but regardless...JWs will feel:

If its true: THE END IS NEAR!!!!

If its false: THE END IS NEAR!!!!

A@G

• Quandary
    Quandary

Can the reliability of the source of this webpage be verified? If this is true, it is major news and VERY telling about the financial woes of the great old WTBS!

Q

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I can verify the reliability... wait a while and see if it happens, just like with the book study.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    I can verify the reliability... wait a while and see if it happens,

Kinda like typical WTS prophecies, huh?

• Quandary
    Quandary

A @ G- So true and sooo sad. What a sad existence for so many naive people!

Daniel-p- Thanks for confirming the reliability of the source. I can't wait to see and hear the reaction from my family members! This is a Biggy!

Q

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Tell your family you'll go to the Hall at the next COs visit.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

If it is true and part of a larger restructuring it wouldn't surprise me. The WT has lost some major battles in the courts and they certainly aren't going to take it lying down. The legal dept is quite active at churning out new light. My only curiosity on the whole thing is how they intend on spinning it

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I could easily see the CO and DO arrangement giving way to "pillar"-like elders keeping tabs on neighboring congregations. They could be the ones to report things to HQ. WIth that power, the local elders would have to be subservient to them as they restructure congregations and give strong counsel and so forth. In fact, this sounds more and more like merely "stationary COs" with no monetary assistance from the Society.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    My only curiosity on the whole thing is how they intend on spinning it

Here's a suggestion (in case writing department bros are lurking... who knows maybe the new lite emanates from JWD first, lol)

"After careful analysis of the first century congregation, we find the modern parallel in the Christian Congregation of JWs since 1919. Research into history shows that after the death of Paul and others such as Titus who visited congregations, the congregations were so well established that such visits were no longer necessary. This is supported by Roman historian Pliny the tiny who said about the death of Timothy: "After Timothy's death, the Christians were well established... and didn't... need any.... visiting elders to support the ... churches [congregation]." So in the modern parallel, the governing body of JWs has lovingly decided to change the CO arrangement as follows..."

A@G

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit