Anyone know who wrote the Truth book?

by Olin Moyles Ghost 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

As a kid, I remember hearing that "The Truth That Leads to Everlasting Life" was the best-selling book of all time besides the Bible. If that's true, then whoever wrote the "Truth" book is the second-best-selling author in the history of the world--second only to God!

Ray Franz's books mention the authors of several Society publications, but I don't believe he says who wrote the Truth book. Do any of you know?

• zeroday
    zeroday

THE original TRUTH Book came out in 1968 at the time the sole author of all the WTS books was Freddie Franz so it would seem he was the author of the TRUTH Book...

• Honesty
    Honesty

Apostates.

It's full of Old Light.

That's why JW's don't use it to lead people to Jehovah's visible organization.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Actually, I've always understood that the Truth book was written by Ed Dunlap. Perhaps others can substantiate that?

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Actually, I've always understood that the Truth book was written by Ed Dunlap. Perhaps others can substantiate that?

Quite possible it did not have the vitrol that Freddie had with his books....

• BFD
    BFD

And, to think I used to sell it for a quarter.

The truth was cheap!

BFD

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

It doesn't seem thick enough to be a Fred Franz book...also, it's too clear/easy to understand. I don't think there's a single anti-type in the whole book!

You know it's not a Fred Franz book without some anti-types and some wacky artwork...

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Anyone know who wrote the Truth book?

A strange creature made up of 30% window washer, 25% Pioneer, 30% politician, 20% polyester and 5% Bible researcher.

HS

• Poztate
    Poztate
    THE original TRUTH Book came out in 1968 at the time the sole author of all the WTS books was Freddie Franz so it would seem he was the author of the TRUTH Book...

It has a totally different writing style. Look at Freddy's books such as Babble on the Grape (1963) and you see the difference. It was a "light truth" type of book and could have been written by anyone on staff at the time (in a weekend)... Say maybe they should study it again....OOPS scratch that thought... No more BS after 2009...(homes)

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

I was told it was written by Karl Adams with some help from Sam Buck. Still, I wouldn't swear by that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit