where to go in LA area?

by tsar_robles 45 Replies latest jw friends

• tinker
    tinker

hey you guys are making me hungry. I want chopped liver on rye with a martini right now. OK, I'll have to wait a couple of weeks.

Yes, Nate+Als is a great place to see celebraties. I ate many sandwiches sitting next to Dean and Dino Martin, Don Rickles, Don Knotts, Barbara Eden, so many I can't remember, um, because of course it was 'back in the day' Also lots of faces you recognized but don't know the name.

Canters is near Farmers Market, which I have not been to in years but it was a fun area to walk around. Not as high end as Rodeo and Beverly Dr.

The waitesses at both places are a Hoot! They do not take any guf and they TELL you what to order. At first you think they are rude and then they give you extra pickles and go check to see if the roast beef is rare enough. They are a breed all their own.

Another fun thing I do with my son when I am visiting is bike ride the beach. We ride in OC around the Huntington Beach area but Venice Beach and Manhatten Beach are great too. I'm sure there are places to rent bycycles. Just a great thing to do with kids and not expensive. You really must spend some time at the beach. I hear so many people say they did all the theme parks and tourist places but didn't get to the beach. You just have to take your kids in the water, jump the waves, they will never forget it.

• tsar_robles
    tsar_robles

Aude, tnx you so much for your awesome tips! I'd accept your surf lessons but our kid is only 4 months old, lol!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

So??

How was the trip????

-Aude.

The place Terry referred to is actually called the "Self-Realization Fellowship" center. I used to work across the street from it, and would frequently bring my lunch there to eat. The grounds are spectacular and if you're in the area it's worth seeing, especially if you're a landscape buff.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    I used to work across the street from it, and would frequently bring my lunch there to eat. The grounds are spectacular and if you're in the area it's worth seeing, especially if you're a landscape buff.

I'm glad you mentioned that. I was going to picnic there last week, but when I looked up the website, it wasn't clear that was allowed. So I figured I'd go another time, can't wait...I've driven by for years...

I'm glad you mentioned that. I was going to picnic there last week, but when I looked up the website, it wasn't clear that was allowed. So I figured I'd go another time, can't wait...I've driven by for years...

I'm not sure that it is allowed. I always kept it kind of low-key and no one bothered me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit