What's the BEST thing about being "out" of the "truth"?

by B_Deserter 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

For me, it's having friends that I don't have to hide my lack of meeting attendance/service from. It's amazing how they teach you that only JWs can be your real friends, but in reality, it's all contingent upon your religious "performance." Sure, if you're not going to meetings, they'll try to be "friends," by encouraging you to go back. Sure, you may get a lot of support if you're "making an effort," BUT when push comes to shove, if you admit that you don't really want to be involved anymore, they'll cut you off. They may not hate you, but they'll be "sad" they can't talk to you.

It's nice to be able to have friendships that aren't contingent upon how well you're "progressing," or based on the understanding that you're "trying to come back." Friendships outside the organization come with no strings attached, and that is one of the reasons I'm on my way out. How about you?

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Do you want an alphabetical list? Or in order of preference? Or chronological order?

ESTEE

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I so agree. Having to qualify myself to others that I was in good standing and good association was just a chore.

• oompa
    oompa

Lets see, I used to use 3000 minutes on my cell phone talking with friends, now I only use 300..........................oompa

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I'm the opposite Oomps... I hardly used my minutes on my cell when as a JW... now I have to be careful not to go over lol.

Call up some worldly people... they can be loads of fun...

• caliber
    caliber

FREEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/882018/braveheart_freedom_speech/

Clip from Braveheart Freedom speech!

Caliber

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I feel more at peace, the weight and pressure from rushing around and conforming to others has been lifted. And my children were are all out ahead of us so that

gave us more encouragement. I can join what ever I desire, talk to whom ever I feel inclined to, watch movies I want "Even Harry potter" if I choose to.

Life is no longer a roller coaster, life is grand.

Cheers!

hope4others

And gee I loved that Braveheart movie, Mel Gibson ummmm!

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Not living in fear of being mauled by she-bears as punishment for teasing the elderly.

• oompa
    oompa

AG....I must have been pretty damn popular as a dub.....money does that. I also like to make people feel good and laugh...............oompa

• Dagney
    Dagney

Freedom to question something that is wrong, I guess.

Not having the jump through the hoops of the JW "routine." Geez, that was exhausting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit