What Its Like To Be A Gay Ex JW....

by str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up 119 Replies latest jw experiences

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

str8, it was a fascinating read. Full disclosure: I'm not gay, not even a little bit. But even as a JW I never saw the value in tormenting those who are. During my three decades of slavery service, I spotted several gay brothers in hiding. You could just tell they were miserably fighting their natural urges. And I heard the jokes and slants against them from the R&F. I knew they were gay. But even though I don't understand the attraction, I never passed judgment.

Now, out of the cult, I'm glad I never harbored animosity against them. In fact, while inside I was a vocal proponent of lesbians (teasing that I myself was one in a man's body), usually getting a few strange looks but it was honestly how I felt.

I think that whatever a person does, it is he that has to live it. No one else. Have a happy life, dude. Glad you're out!

• DFd3
  • DFd3
    DFd3

Hey Galileo! I'm the guy who wrote the "Something Worse Than Aids" article and I can assure you than I'm still alive and kicking. I'm also happier now than I've ever been living openly as a Gay man. Please don't bury me before I'm ready to die. :-)

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Welcome str8t!!!!

I Like men too so why would I judge you

I don't think gay is a sin or deviation it's just the way some are and some are not....

Enjoy life and love and I'm glad you had the strength to be free

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

Hi guys. Long time no see. I was wondering how everyone was over here...

• ParadiseCircus
    ParadiseCircus

Hi str8, I remember reading your story some years ago. I hope all has been going well for you.

• shamus100
    shamus100

STR8!

Hope all is going swimmingly with you and that wonderful career you have! :D

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Wow, good to see ya str8. :D

• Galileo
    Galileo

LOL. Sorry DFd3. I'm not on this forum much any more but because I recommended it to a friend that is just leaving the JW's I checked in and got your PM. I guess I exaggerated when I said I knew you, what I should have said was that I had met you on a couple of occasions. It was my brother (who was in your hall) that told me your story. Apparently he got a couple of minor details wrong. Glad that you're still with us.

• Diest
    Diest

Great Story. First time seeing it. Did the book ever come out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit