"Why does America always bomb other countries?", my son asked tonight.

by digderidoo 230 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I am not refering to WWII, but everyone might want to refer back to MANIFEST DESTINY....

http://www.let.rug.nl/usa/E/manifest/manif1.htm

R.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    the gut wrenching decision on whether or not to use the bombs in Japan and why.

Do you understand that there was no pressing military need to nuke anything in Japan?

Did you know that the Japanese fleet was destroyed nearly a year earlier in 1944?

Did you know that leading up to Naga and Hiro that the US bombed Japan to smithereens and the Japanese couldnt even lift a finger to defend itself?

Do you know that peace talks between Japan and the Allies were well underway by August 1945?

• 5go
    5go

Also, more British soldiers have been killed in Iraq by American friendly fire than killed by Iraqi's.

Usually by an A-10 straffing run.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

IP yes there are many sides to this complex issue which 13 year old minds should be allowed and encouraged to explore.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    13 year old minds should be allowed and encouraged to explore.

That we can agree on

• Free
  • moomanchu
    moomanchu

but these are the words and sentiments of a 13 year old English kid and wondered how those in the US really feel about this?

When your this young you really don't have a full understanding of the way the world really works.

I feel we do the right thing most of the time.

Do you understand that there was no pressing military need to nuke anything in Japan?

It's called winning with minimal casualties to your side.

They surrendered after the second bomb. Huh, imagine that.

dieing by a nuc or dieing by a conventional bomb is still dieing.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

America's bombing of other countries is part of a bigger picture.

If you had a choice, to be a slave and live on your knees for the rest of your life or to bomb another country what would you choose. Enjoying American freedom you may say it does not come to that. But it does. Given the opportunity another country will bomb subjugate the US for it own good and so it it so sad the world is like this but it is better to be the ones bombing than the ones being bombed. It is very sad and wrong but that is the way the world is.

I would prefer if the US did not bomb anyone.

Once there was a man that lived in his tent. During a sandstorm, a camel asked if he could put only one hoof in the tent. To make a long story short, the camel pushed the man out of the tent.

It comes down to imperialism ultimately.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Fisherman, are suggesting is that the man should have cut the camels hoof of before it asked the question?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

IP:

Wisdom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit