what movies do you recomend

by heathen 65 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Somebody mentioned "The Proposition". The best western to come out in recent years. Some other good ones:

The Illusionist, Thank You For Smoking, Zodiac, Gone Baby Gone, Art School Confidential, Borat

• Twitch
    Twitch

Blade Runner

American Beauty

No Country for Old Men

The Notebook

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel
    Chrisjoel- you are the only person I've ever read that liked , lost highway

Hey Heathen..thanks man. Actually I got hooked on David Lynch ever since I saw Twin Peaks while I was a JW. I can still remember we had some newly convertered JWs over and I was yaking to them about how awesome Twin Peaks was ..so heres turning on the show and I see the "bad" guy in the show throw a girl through a mirror , blood everywhere, ...I looked at them they looked at me, then I turned the tv off never to dicuss my tv show preferences again. So hell YA i love David Lynch.....here some other stuff that will knock YOUR socks off!
    Funny Games-1999( YOU are involved as a viewer in this movie about violence)
    Funny Games-2008 same Director redoes original with Naomi Watts
    Chopper- Australian movie about prison guy
    Pusher1, Pusher2, Pusher3, -hands down the best "drug" movie ever period.
    H6 Diary of A serial Killer.
    Dont torture a Duckling-
    Ebola Syndrome-1996
    Amorres Perros- Just awesome!
    Jeepers Creepers 2- Nice and scary
    David Lynchs Blue Velvet
    Halloween H20, Predator-"hey your bleeding, I aint got time to bleed.."
    Aguirre, the Wrath of God -1972 Werner Herzog..simply stunning atmosphere..
    THE MAN FROM EARTH- MUST SEE MOVIE PERIOD.No violence, no blood, ...and yet this movie is the best dRAMMA ...or....sci fi i prolly ever seen..recommend for all ex JWS
    Dirty Work (1998) fUNNY AS HELL...

• White Dove
    White Dove

The Bucket List

The Holiday

• Preston
    Preston

I've seen a few thousand movies in my lifetime, the following are pretty good:

Sansho the Baliff, Three Colors: Red, Picnic at Hanging Rock, Once Upon a Time in the West, Charley Varrick, Fanny and Alexander, The Straight Story, L' Atalante, Bad Day at Black Rock, Miller's Crossing.

Recent movies I liked.... The King of Kong and The Lookout.

- Preston

• heathen
    heathen

I'm just amazed that this thread went on as long as it did , and where the heck did preston come from? haven't seen him since Thoms chat which no longer exists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit