RE : 2008 Assembly

by lancelink 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lancelink
    lancelink

This afternoon I was flipping in one of the June magazines, and I noticed the assembly content page.

I started reading it and almost fell over because of this statement :

The theme of Friday will be " The spirit will guide you into all the truth"

After picking myself up off of the floor, i just scanned the rest.

Most of the assembly after this deals with the theme of letting the spirit guide you.In other words keep on rollin' with the flow

After the 1914 change, (among others) how could anyone just attend an assembly, and actually LISTEN
    to anything assembled by the Brooklyn boys regarding being guided by the spirit ????

In other terms WTH are people thinking !

• Gopher
    Gopher

I didn't think the "great crowd" could have the spirit guide them at all. When I was a JW, you could display 'fruits of the spirit', but the only ones guided by the spirit were the mysterious organization leaders.

But really the JW's don't examine these themes. They're just slogans on a program page.

• yknot
    yknot

Hmm did you know that www.m-w.com has 14 definitions for the noun spirit?

I think the masses of JWs have been duped by clever words.

Is this spirit: 2: supernatural being or essence: as holy spirit or 6a : a special attitude or frame of mind (spirit of brotherhood, Christlike-spirit)

After all in no one within the WTS is 'inspired', but somehow the organization is 'spirit-directed'....

I am feeling a little bait and switch, wonder if Jacob felt this way when tricked into taking Leah.as his bride.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Not sure why you were floored by that? The phrase "The spirit will guide you into all the truth" is simply taken from John 16:13, which is talking about the future holy spirit guiding Christians into truth.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"The spirit will guide you into all the truth".

That has to be the most absurd statement that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger ever came up with, given that their programs lead people away from the truth. There is nothing but crap science in the Asleep! magazines. The Creation book is totally absurd. Their doctrines actually deviate from the Bible. Why, they even have their own Bible that is altered to hide the real truth!

What has led me into the truth? A "secret society" that the Washtowel has told people not to join. They have put out parts warning against such "secret societies", and so I joined one just to slap the Washtowel Slaveholdery in the face. They sent me three big books that explained how the Bible was so messed up and difficult to understand, and did such a good job that it demystified virtually everything that the Washtowel only had more gibberish to hide the fact that they don't really understand. It also cut the laws and morals to the core--eliminating most of the rules that only bind people and prevent them from living fulfilling lives. That "secret society" is still evolving, but they are using science to put the true puzzle together. Truly objective science and fully integrated honesty is what leads people into all the truth, not the Washtowel Slaveholdery.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

they cant change 1914, they will go to the grave with 1914. they can change what some of its meaning is, but cant change that 1914 is when Christ presence began, because then that would change Christ selecting them in 1919. You throw those dates out and you have a bunch of uninspired humans speaking in the name of God. not cool.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    The theme of Friday will be " The spirit will guide you into all the truth"

This is a statement that doesn't make sense. My guess is that this is code for the listen to the watchtower because they are spirit directed. therfore everything the watchtower say is truth.

A circular arguement that will spin around so fast during the day that the audience will get dizzy.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Notice they didn't say "Holy Spirit", so what Spirit are they speaking of and why should we listen to some other spirit?

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I've got half a mind to go to this borefest...but I REALLY don't wanna sit through it.

I already missed the circuit assembly this year, so I might just skip this one as well...

It's interesting they say spirit-directed... I would think they would want to say Holy Spirit-directed...

• heyfea
    heyfea

yknot,

that's a great point.

heyfea

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit