******* Are you much healthier, now that you're out? *******

by FlyingHighNow 36 Replies latest watchtower medical

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am. Much, much healthier.

Being a JW takes it's toll on people's physical and mental health. JW's are always sick. They are always depressed. Well, at least far too many of them are sick with something all the time. My family once got an anti-biotic resistant form of strep throat that went in three week cycles the entire 9 months of the school year. For us, that was the beginning of the end of our witness career. We understandably missed a lot of meetings. But the local JW's did not understand. That is only one small example of how our health suffered.

I am much healthier now. How about you and yours? Were you sick and depressed all the time? Are you doing much better now-a-days?

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Being a JW takes it's toll on people's physical and mental health.

Unfortuniately my mental health is not improved...don't know if it will ever be...very antisocial my job as a truck driver doesn't help as I'm on the road all week and home only on weekends not good trying to establish any social network as I am always tired and getting ready for the next week...on the inside for 28 years most of my adult life and I believe scarred for life...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Zero, how long have you been out?

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Zero, how long have you been out?

4 years this June...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

These are for you, Zero.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

LOL I knew a lot of jws who were only sick on meeting nights and saturday morning... only wish I'd been that smart.

Same health physically. Better off mentally and emotionally.

• zeroday
    zeroday

These are for you, Zero.

NOPE just me all my family are in CAlifornia none in Tennessee...

• White Dove
    White Dove

Zero,

If anyone sounded like they needed a career change, it's you. Sounds like your job is running you into the ground.

Me? I'm so much healthier mentally and emotionally. I no longer stare out the window wishing someone would visit me. I'm so busy with college and taking 100% responsibility for my successes and failures that when I feel a crappy mood coming on, I do something constructive about it. I have friends that know I'm out of the JW's and into Wicca and paganism and that's just fine with them. I've got the right friends and am still looking out for more potential friends. I feel so upbeat most of the time, it's silly! I've never felt good like this before. Making my own decision based on my own reasons is just the bees knees!!!

Blessed Beltane! Blessed Bee's knees!

• zeroday
    zeroday
    If anyone sounded like they needed a career change, it's you. Sounds like your job is running you into the ground.

No question about that but I'm to old (53) to start a new career and this my one and only path to some sort of retirement...good pay and benefits...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Beltane: isn't that in New England? My daughter used to go to that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit