Kevin Smith, Prince, and the JW's...

by avishai 15 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

In the two Kevin Smith spoken word videos, he tells a story about how he goes out to Paisley Park (prince's studio's) and basically ends up filming a documentary on prince's new album, the JW's, etc. In the second spoken word film, he talks about how prince wanted to use the footage as a JW recruitment film. Now, smith is the director of Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma, great dirctor, but dirty, dirty films, and dogma is one of the best indictments of religion I've ever seen. The prince part on the first spoken word performance is on disc 2 which i can't find online, but he talks more about it on the second film, and here's a link.

http://watch-movies.net/movies/an_evening_with_kevin_smith_2_evening_harder/

He starts talking about the prince thing about 35.00 min in.

Would'nt it be weird if the biggest potty mouth, religion indicting writer director was used by prince to make a JW documentary

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Book marked!

Would'nt it be weird if the biggest potty mouth, religion indicting writer director was used by prince to make a JW documentary

Yes it would, and also if Prince starts thinking he's the messiah. Some how can''t picture the Wt allowing this, but who knows membership down,

big name, may let it pass if he has the (good) influence.

Cheers!

hope4others

• avishai
    avishai

Yep, they let the williams sisters carrying the US flag in the olympics slide...

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

WTS could join Scientology - who's bigger? Tom Cruise or Prince?

"I'm gonna be a Scientologist when I grow up!"

"Oh, yeah? Well, Prince is way cooler than Tom Cruise - I'm gonne be a Witness!"

• avishai
    avishai

Gotta admit, prince is wayyy more talented, he can play every instrument in the galaxy and writes a million songs a day.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ya it's the celeb connection. I got counseled for owning his music and he plays it and is cool.

• avishai
    avishai

Love kevin smith, though.

• thepackage
    thepackage

Dude I LOVE Kevin Smith!!!!! Clerks is my fav!!!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Well, jws have been bashing gays FOREVER, but that didn't stop them from accepting the documentary, Knocking from a gay man.

• avishai
    avishai

Yep, narrated by JW Terrence Howard, star of "hustle and flow". Why did'nt he get df'd for that? Shit, in some cong.s you'd get df'd for watching it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit