WT BOOKS - Clean out the literature room at the KH

by Alligator Wisdom 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

For those who are still active and have access in obtaining literature from the Kingdom Hall, would you do this?

To just give away literature, especially books, from the literature desk to force printing.

In giving away literature, especially the costlier books than magazines, it will force the WTS to print more and use up assets. Just give these books away at the doors. If you are working alone and don't want to raise suspicion, leave them behind on the doorsteps and at the laundry mats. When doing your personal errands, leave some Bibles in banks, some Bible Teach books in post offices, several Mankind's Search for God books in college lunchrooms and the Greatest Man Who Ever Lived on bus stops. Anywhere and everywhere! Not necessarily placing it with people, but just leaving it out and about.

It will make the WTS a nuisance and a cause for public outcry at the litter they leave everywhere.

By doing this, what will it force the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society to do?

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I fully agree. Distribute their books. Give them away. Make them a public nuisance.

Funny, I remember just before I resigned as an elder, this lady came up to the
    guy at the literature counter. She asked for a bunch of in-stock books. The guy asked
    who she was studying with, then asked if she had been to the hall before. He finally
    said he would have to get approval from the Service Overseer, but that guy was out
    today. I intervened here.

"Do you have the books?"

"Yes."

"Then give them to her."

"But we were told not to just hand out books."

"You are not JUST HANDING OUT BOOKS. She is here, she asked for them, they are
    available at no set charge. Just give them to her."

"But Bro. Serv. Overseer said..."

"Is he here? NO. Just give her the books."

He gave her the books. I never saw her again. I took as many Bibles and meeting related
    new books as I felt I wanted or forgot to bring to the meeting. I was tossing them out for
    months. My wife never noticed. She scrambles to find her books (which I never toss) and
    often resorted to using mine. I have tossed as many of mine as I could find so she will stop
    doing that.

• lawrence
    lawrence

I agree with throwing away their crap that has already been published, but why cut more trees. The literature costs will not deplete their assets, the lawsuits will. So instead of encouraging mass production and destruction, encourage all those who have been affected by pedophiles to start lawsuits, as well as encourage everyone not to attend any meetings, and continue to bad mouth the liars and false prophets.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hehe, nice.

Maybe you could also send some straight to recycling, too.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

DON'T GIVE THEM OUT! We really don't need more people joining this cult. You're best off to burn them or put them in the trash / recycle. Make the Preaching work more ineffective by increasing the disposal of literature. When you go out in Service, bring one set of magazines (oops, I forgot them) and get others to give you magazines to place. That way, you're not the only source for disposing of the magazines. Oh yeah, and ask EVERYONE in the hall if they have extra books / magazines that you could place in Service (or build up your "library"). Mass purging is fun!

• carla
    carla

DON'T be leaving them out for the unsuspecting public and most of all college kids to find! What are you thinking?!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

lawrence:

but why cut more trees

agreed.. What did the trees ever do to deserve being cut down for WT Literatrash? I hate wasting natural resources.

you could also send some straight to recycling

with the ones that you already have..great....rip off the covers of the hardbacks (they dont recycle well)...and throw the remaining paper in the recycle bin.... have an environmentally unfriendly bonfire with the covers ....that's my plan soon with my personal WT literatrash collection

Snakes ()

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Thanks everyone for your input and replies.

DON'T be leaving them out for the unsuspecting public and most of all college kids to find! What are you thinking?!

I thought about that and made a realization of HOW many in public will respond positively in opposed to how many will respond negatively with WT books lying all over the place. Sure, for some it will peak their curiosity and they will take some books home to check out. But for the vast majority, it will only create a heightened public nuisance. How do you feel and what do you think about with those flyers, pennysaver booklets, pizza ads and such behind your screen door, in telephone booths, under your windshield wipers and seeing them blowing in the wind in some parking lot?

This will also give the public a chance to research the WTS on the internet, both who take these books home and those who experience the litter.

Having the books go directly to recycling is a good idea too. But I was thinking of the WT corporation in a bad light with bad publicity.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

JWs already do this, I am always finding Watchtowers left strewn along railway platforms.

I don't think it is a good idea to leave them in public places, as it increases awareness. Better to take the more expensive books and place them in recycle bins. I would not do this with Watchtower magazines. JWs take encouragement from watching the number of Watchtower and Awake magazines printed each issue increase. It would be better if the number of these start to decrease.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

No thanks. I don't want blood on my hands. Be my luck some poor bash-tard actually reads and believes it, becomes a jehovah and then starts to molest his kids, beat his wife because she won't kneel before his head-SHIT, or worst of all comes knocking on my door!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit