Announcement: They Clapped!

by metatron 67 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Weird. After the letter was read, many clapped. I don't know how to interpret that.

metatron

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

It was because Jehoover was so kind to do this for them and thats the way it was presented...so when you appreciate something you clap like when they announce winners.....trust me...they were ALL winners no matter what "gas prices" spin they put on it. Spontaneous happiness that they had ONE LESS MEETING to haul their sorry butts too. But of course...nobody SAID that LOL!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    After the letter was read, many clapped

LOL !

You always cheer my day, meta!

• DJK
    DJK
    Acts 15:31,,,, When they had read it, they rejoiced over the encouragement.

My father refused to tell me what the reaction was at his KH.

• Galileo
    Galileo

I went to my local hall to see their reaction. They clapped too, and it went on so long, I thought it was a little embarassing. I actually felt bad for them, they were so excited to get this one tiny little scrap of freedom back.

• saklunch
    saklunch

It is the simple fact of cult mind control - they have "the flock" conditioned to accept whatever they present as "new light" that is in their best interests - "the flock" doesn't even stop to consider that,,,, the yearbooks are full of examples of people NEVER missing meetings regardless if they had to walk 40 miles each way barefoot and fording rivers and wrestling alligators and at great expense to themselves - they went to meeting - nor do they see the legal aspect of it that this change will reduce the liability to the borg, because of all the abuse settlements of late - they merely line up and drink the kool aid - nothing more than what I expected!

• still_in74
    still_in74

we had an old pioneer sister start to clap.. it was like a slow clap in a teen movie, others started and then it stopped. I couldnt believe it..

To me, this old sister would be of the opinion that this letter was basically written by Jehovah himself and how greatful we are to here it. I mean , why wouldnt you clap - Jehovah loves us sooo much that he's reducing the weekly requirement to gather ourselves together!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Maybe they clapped because of relief, but I'm not so sure. I recently spoke to a jw cousin and the BS seems to be more of an social exercise for her. She told me how each week someone would bring snacks (last time I spoke to her it was her week) and how her group would get together on Wednesdays and do something fun with their kids. I wonder what will happen to all that now?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

In mine they clapped as if it were one of the better Sunday talks. In one affluent-territory hall, the guy hyped the letter so much that everyone was kinda disappointed it wasn't the start of the great tribulation!

• sacolton
    sacolton

They'll clap no matter what news comes from the top. Trained monkeys. The GB could write a letter saying "We must no longer wear wedding rings because we see in Genesis 41:42 where Pharoah took his off and put it on Joseph's hand. The ring was used as a symbol of power and authority, but notice it is upon the hand of an idolatrous pagan ruler. So, let us remove this pagan jewelery. Sell it and contribute the money to our worldwide ministry work!"

(appluase)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit