If you hadn't ben a JW how would your life be different??

by karter 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

In my case, I would need to have both sets of Grandparents, parents, etc. not be JW's. I have no idea how different my life would be but I think the anti-education bias of the cult has the biggest impact on individuals.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I would have had a really different life I'm sure! Some of the good things in my life would never have happened.

Hope4others

• yknot
    yknot

Well I assume I would have been born/raised Southern Baptist.

My dad lists the JWs as the reason he filed divorce.

If there would've been no divorce petition then my mom would've never married a JW (jerk), and then I would have never known poverty...

The list goes on.....

Wow that is an alternate reality ..............

However I love my husband and children and it is unlikely we would have met without the series of unfortunate events of being born JW.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I would not have the children that I have. I would have had a much better life, but I can't imagine not having my precious kids. I'm forth generation, so it would have taken the first generation to not have answered the door.

• JoyNichols
    JoyNichols

Maybe I would have been brought up by flaming alcoholics who would have lost custody of me, divorced before my siblings were born, and I would have ended up in the foster care system

OR

Maybe my parents would have gotten thereapy, gone to college, made all their kids into scholars, and perfected the family unit

OR

something more middle-of-the-road might have happened and I wouldn't be sitting here now. I'd be out socializing.

Maybe I would or would not have social anxiety disorder.

Maybe I would or would not have the misfortune to be mentally ill and have the great luck to have a good therapist and social worker OR

none of the above.

Maybe I would not exist.

Good thing to BE here, now, this moment, NOT in coulda', woulda', shoulda' because coulda woulda shoulda is not real; it does not exist; it is irrelevent, except to learn from and not repeat the same mistakes too many times.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Nothing good comes from questions like this.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I would have gone to University a lot earlier and been more ahead in my career than I am now. Or I would have been a complete bogan.

And I would have lost my virginity a lot sooner.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

It could be very different.

1. Would have persued tertiary education in the archeological field

2. Would have persued a swimming career.

Both would have led me down various paths I'm sure, but I'm here and I've met some great people and I'm sure I'm where I'm meant to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit